Please help me choose between these rifles...

Thank you all for giving me your advice. It seems like I am going Remington 700 shopping... will try to find either a 700P (or PSS) or a VS.

I know that 300 yards isn't too far, but all the ranges around here (I live in S.F. Bay Area) are 100 yards.

I will walk before I run :).

...then I will buy a McMillan stock, good trigger and a custom barrel.

thanks again,

psywar

From a learning stand point I think a new shooter should own the most accurate rifle of his life so he can learn with it. It is impossible to learn anything if there is a question of whether if it was the rifle or you that set the bullet out there. If you have a rifle you have confidence in you will see when the bullet went where it did that you will look down range to see if you can see why it did. If you would look at wwwmcmfamily.com you will see a training program that may help you with long rang training if you are interested. Once you become an accomplished marksman you will be able to win with rifles that a novice would struggle to come in last using

buy a good rifle and then get a .22 as well, and shoot the heck out of the .22. Take it slow with the big rifle, get your skills down with the rifle. A pellet gun is nice because you can shoot it in a house with a trap.

I think a new shooter should own the most accurate rifle of his life

Thank you Gale! Most people though I was an idiot for spending the amount of money I did on a scope/rifle/accessories that I intended to use to learn "precision" shooting.

It is impossible to learn anything if there is a question of whether if it was the rifle or you that set the bullet out there.

My line of reasoning and conclusion also! That is why when asked how I like my rifle I usually say I hate it... if my shot is off there is nothing to blame but myself cause I know the rifle just won't do that. Will I ever be able to shot up to the rifles potential? Probably not without a lot more practice... but is it fun and inlightening trying to.

------------------
Schmit
GySgt, USMC(Ret)
NRA Life, Lodge 1201-UOSSS
"Si vis Pacem Para Bellum"

Back