Please explain Rossi Gallery guns?

We never have figured which half is his and which is mine.

It’s a good little shooter though. Not quiet as much fun as his shorty, but still a family favorite.

That finish nail he mentions, has been substituting for either the hammer or trigger pin (can’t remember which, will have to go open up the safe as soon as I get my 2 year old in bed) for about 8 years now, with zero issues.

Obviously an older non-MIM forged nail.
Old school is good school.
;)
It's amazing what can happen when the properly selected wrong part is inserted into the proper Bubba'd basket case.

As redneck as it may be, I imagine it's the same "fix" that would have been devised by a small town gunsmith if he encountered the same situation in, say 1930, with a Winchester 1890 suffering the same issues.

Original Winchesters are great. Rossis (if working) are just as good.

Obviously an older non-MIM forged nail.
Old school is good school

Yep. Good old 1890’s technology galvanized finish nail.

The “gunsmith” that “fixed” it is a family member, and before the nail and a couple Winchester 62 parts (Frankenmauser did the work, I supervised and offered moral support), it hadn’t run properly in 25 years.

As a wise man once said: I can dig it. :)

I fully understand the power of the older nail technology.
My first truck (which your Dad & I travelled the West Desert in once or twice) was a former forest service 1971 three-quarter-ton Dodge.

I had it for 17 years, the last several of which with a bent nail holding the gear shift lever in place on the steering column.

You do what you can with what you got.
Denis

From the FWIW department: A true gallery gun was used in a shooting gallery. Travelling carnivals often had them on the midway. I rented a room above one in downtown Corpus Christi, Texas, in 1953.

SFAIK, the most common rifle was the Winchester 62 in .22 Short.

Back