Pizza guy pounded

There was an article in the paper in Buffalo NY about 6 months ago where 2 16 year olds tried to rob a pizza guy with a pellet gun. The man had his CCW and shot one of the kids in the head. No charges were filed. The article made it on to packing.org if you want to read it.

I've worked for Domino's and Pizza Hut, both of which have the same policy on firearms - not allowed. I have always carried anyway, in a fanny pack, that fits the job. As said above, keeping the job is not worth getting hurt over.

BillCA and gdeal, while it's not a $100k/year job, it probably pays better than you think (about 2x what you stated BillCA). I could pretty easily pull in $20/hr for a 5-hr shift 3-5 nights a week after my regular job. Got the downpayment for my house in 4 months.

I lived in Gainesville, FL during the student murders, and started delivering pizza shortly after the guy was caught. We still had instances where drivers were robbed at gunpoint, which is why I chose to carry.

Oddly enough, I was in the back of the store doing dishes at 3:30am one morning and some thugs came in and robbed the owner up front - me and the other guy never heard it happen...we thought he was joking when he got on the phone saying he was calling 911 and had just been robbed.

I was also robbed one time - but they only took the pizza and slammed the door in my face - no personal threat there. I was carrying at the time and just called the cops.

It comes down to being in condition yellow at all times - be aware of your surroundings. Most of the drivers out there just don't have this mentality.

Glock31 - make sure you have your CCW, so if/when you get into a situation, at least it was on you legally.

Thanks ws6_keith,

I sent my application for my ccw of today. Hope it, and my hundred dollars, makes it through the red tape ok.:cool:

Back