pistol cylinder bored out?

wap41

It is not bad. 3 inches at 50 yards off a bench. But the FIL is a real pistol shooter. He won a lot of matches. Once, there were some guys tearing down a house. They were waiting on the power company to cut the electric lines. FIL cut the line for them with a Smith model 29. 4 shots, 3 wires. The ROA will handle any amount of commercial black powder that will fit in the chambers.

Hmmmm . . . in the reloading world, there are those who don't pay attention to loading manuals and data . . . they always have to "push the limit". Then when they have a problem and their handgun literally explodes like a hand grenade they wonder why. And then they try and go back on the mfg. for warranty.

I've shot BP for 50 years and I have seen some foolish things done over that time . . . just because you "can" do something doesn't mean you can get away with it. Yea, the ROA is a strong built revolver . . but what does the manual say about loading chambers full of 4F. If someone is getting 1250 - 1300 fps with a soft lead round ball . . . sooner or later you're going to probably have a leading problem as well.

A person can do whatever they want to . . it's their gun and their life.

I was brought up to "use the right tool for the right job - if you need a screwdriver, don't pull a hammer out of the tool box." But that's just me . . . I was also taught to do things safely.

If I was carrying a "back up" pistol for bear hunting . . and I have bear hunted myself. . . it means that I might need to depend on it should I get in a situation where my long gun either malfunctioned or I couldn't reload in time to put the bear down due to not making a "killing shot". I love C & B revilers dearly . . . but in that situation, I'd love a good centerfire 44 mag. much more.

chestnut forge

If that roa is stainless it's not too bad of a price for a 7 1/2" adjustable sights.If it's 5 1/2" or fixed sight it's a great buy.But kinda high for a blued 7 1/2"adjustable sight in my opinion.

Back