Pig hunting

Bar B 6 Ranch

BenW,
It was $450 the last time out (about 10 months ago) and they treat you like a king. The guide is Tom Ralph and he is an excellent hunter, lots of fun, and knew where to be and when.

He and I saw about 30 hogs that day and the one I poked was up on a hillside. He got us both up to the spot rather quickly (the hogs are very quick!) and within two minutes I was on this guy. I hit him with a 7mm Mag 165gr (Winchester Supreme) at about 125 yards. It was a running shot, off-hand, and must admit it was one of the best shots that I have ever made. The round went into him just aft of the last rib as he was quartering away. The round tore up everything internal and didn't touch a bone nor a piece of meat. Tom told me it was the finest shot he had ever seen and I told him it was a very lucky shot. Anyway the hog ran another 75 yards before crashing. These hogs are tough!!

Best thing to do on the price is to call and talk to them as they do have overnight facilities and are set up for the hunter.

Also on the web page there is a raffle going on for a Trophy Tule Elk hunt. The tickets are $100.00 a piece and last I had heard, they had only sold about 200 tickets. The hunt is put on by the Arroyo Grande Sportsmans organization and is their main fund raiser for the year. I bought four tickets last year and was not very lucky, maybe this year I will be as lucky as my shot!

Man, did I have diarrhea of the hand or what!
Elker :D

Back