Pietta 9mm Cowboy six shooter

9mm cylinders for out of production European made SA revolvers are said to be in a warehouse, somewhere between the Ark of the Covenant and the sword Excaliber. If you get to the Holy Grail, you went too far.....:D:rolleyes:

Though others believe they are out there, somewhere, possibly between the ruins of Atlantis and King Solomon's Mines,

either way finding one will be a matter or serendipity, though not entirely impossible, I think you'd have better odds wining a lottery.

GOOD LUCK!

I’ve used my 38’s and 357’ for;
Snakes
Varmints
Finishing shots, Coup de grace
Target practice and plinking…..
I reckon had I used a 9mm Ruger Black Hawk most all the results would have been pretty much the same. These Texas rattlers might be offended by eating some shot from a 9mm shot shell but I’m past the point of caring.

9mm SA

Not traditional, but I see the practicality of a 9mm revolver. The parabellum ammo is available near everywhere these days and usually the most affordable. If one wants a cowboy pistol, more powerful than a rimfire, and is not a reloader, 9mm starts to make sense. Even more sense if one has 9mm auto pistols.

not only is a 9mm single action revolver excellent, so would be a slightly smaller, softer-shooting 380acp s.a. revolver.

Makes good sense

A single action .357 with an Accy. 9mm cylinder strikes me as ideal. Unlike the .22 mag .22 LR single actions, the bore size is identical. My old Ruger .22 was more accurate with magnum ammo, the bullet matches the bore. Bench rested was the only time it was noticeable.

the bore size is identical
Of course there is only one 'bore' on the revolver so should be identical :) . The bullet diameter for 9mm is .355 while the .357 is .357 . So that isn't identical. Usually good enough for tin can accuracy.

not only is a 9mm single action revolver excellent, so would be a slightly smaller, softer-shooting 380acp s.a. revolver.

One of the issues with that idea is finding a revolver properly scaled to the round. There aren't any I know of.

All of the 9mm revolvers I can think of, both SA and DA are made on frames sized for the .38 Spl or .357. This means the 9mm (or .380) is put into a larger , heavier gun than required. Works fine, but does mean extra size and some "wasted" space.

I don't know of any makers currently offering a "9mm size" revolver frame. Perhaps some did, once upon a time, but today, I don't think there are any.

Back