Pietta '58 Target

Poor Man's Target Sights

Made these and put on my Pietta back in 1975 with JB Weld. Still on there after
all these years.

f48988409de70a275795f297ec0c5627.jpg

Stormson I have those same guns. Now you need to get the revolving carbine (uberti makes that one).

That would be REALLY sweet! Maybe one day....

I never understood why they didnt put a stock notch on at least some of their 8" though? They have a stock that will fit the 12", and that would be cool too, but why not the eight? Almost every standard 8" Colt '60 has a stock notch...

Shrugs... Oh well... The 18" would be cooler anyway! :D

I never understood why they didnt put a stock notch on at least some of their 8" though? They have a stock that will fit the 12", and that would be cool too, but why not the eight? Almost every standard 8" Colt '60 has a stock notch...

I had a Pietta 1858 with 12" barrel and a shoulder stock. One of the buffalo brass frame ones. It sure was pretty with a shoulder stock on it, but I already had the carbine and didn't really need it so sold it. It would be pretty easy to add the notch on any 1858. Besides the notch, you also need the extended hammer screw to attach a shoulder stock.

I had a Pietta 1858 with 12" barrel and a shoulder stock. One of the buffalo brass frame ones. It sure was pretty with a shoulder stock on it, but I already had the carbine and didn't really need it so sold it. It would be pretty easy to add the notch on any 1858. Besides the notch, you also need the extended hammer screw to attach a shoulder stock.

Yup.. Have thought about putting my own notch in one... As ya say, cant be too hard. Still, that true carbine would be sweet, just wish that Pietta made one since if I ever did get one I'd have to buy all new extra cylinders and try to keep them separate... If you knew how hectic my every day life is, youd understand just how funny that idea is LOL! :rolleyes::D

Last edited:
Back