Pietta 1860 Colt ball size?

Who out there has a 1858 NMA Euroarms .36? Just loaded this on and the opening of the Chambers are wide , no ring gets made, no shaving.' like the .44's. A good feature. 22gr of BP under a .380" Lee molded by SG ball.
My question was about the loading lever ram...this one is flat unlike the .44's I have. Is an XX7 Hawes L.A. CA Euroarms. It just seemed strange that it was flat...anyone know about it?

SG

The chamber mouths could be chamfered. Some guys do that to ease loading of conicals. Dunno about Hawes

The volume of lead in a chamber, especially when it is compressed against the chamber wall, dictates the amount of force required to propell it from the chamber if a "given" velocity is required. The fact is... if the charge is constant.. a larger load in the cylinder, compressed only adds friction weight, the load will move slower from the gun.

Keep the same load, but cram more in... slower ballistics.

Yeah they are chamfered that's what I was sayin' ...that it's a good thing, tight after the chamfer.
Hawes L.A. CA was here in 1971 XX7 is the mfg. date...a new 1971 CA Euroarms Rev....I gots it!:cool:

SG

Whatever you wanna think Ron. I'm not arguing about it. I haven't heard anything my .454's have hit complaining about the bullet going too slow after being pushed out of the chamber by 35 grs. of powder :D and as long as I can hit a softball sized target at 25 yds. I'm happy.

Tell me if this is right? .454 - .451 = .003 ; .003 / 2 = .0015
.451 - .445 = .006 ; .454 - 445 =.009 a .003 differance right? Both balls will be shaved .001 to .003 reguardless and will be the same size ball in the chamber.:rolleyes:

SG

It's about mass in chamber size, and the amount of mass touching the chamber walls, and how deeply, and the distance and size of the charge.

They will be physically the same Ron...think chamber size. If the balls don't get shave yes you are right more lead, but not that much. At 35gr of BP you wouldn't notice it.

SG;)

Every micro ounce you notice, always. Everything in this hobby is based on weight and the force required to move it.

Back