Picture of my mother roping an elk

She's Heeling' that Elk. I wondered about getting the lariat over the antlers. Heeling makes a lot more sense. Do you know if she drug them to the guy cutting the antlers or did they go out to where she'd caught one?

That's really cool. I never really put 2+2 together that ranchers with game animals as the livestock still did ranch type things with them. That's great. So if you rope one by the legs like that, and tie 'em up to keep from kicking, is it still hog tied or is it elk tied? :D

Nice roping. Dang, don't they have any trees (forest) around that place? Wide open ranch country I assume?

central and eastern oregon is more desert country on the south half of the state. get further west or north it turns into pine forest

central and eastern oregon is more desert country on the south half of the state. get further west or north it turns into pine forest

One of these days I am going to get out there and see that area. Have you ever been to Crater Lake? That is one area that I am wanting to visit.

Back