Picture of my Artemis Mountain Gun

That is the nicest looking engraving I have ever seen on a pistol.

To me, most engraving just seems over done, but yours is just plain beautiful to look at.

Is it possible to wear down the finer aspects of the engraving by keeping it in a holster?

Do you have to take any other special precautions to preserve the engraving?

coltdriver asks about carrying-special treatment.

First, I appreciate all the offers to provide a nice home for this Mountain Gun and trades for such things as Llamas, etc. Not being knowledgible about engraving or "art" in general, I am happy that several people have said that they are generally turned off by engraved guns but like this one very much. Same here. I picked the scroll pattern from one of the Smith annual catelogs and the side-plate engraving ( its picture grade cut engraving and not etching) because of the nature of the gun and the appropriateness of Artemis Diana as a theme for a civilian weapon. ( wrote this up a http://www.milesfortis.com/guests/m... not going to be sending me any free samples.

Last edited:
Holster stuff- - -

mec, that is a beautiful piece.

With regard to your use of nylon holsters--
Please be aware that the weave of hard-laid nylon catches and holds stuff--sand, dirt, grease, oil, powder fouling and who-knows-what else. Then the nylon serves as a (mild) abrasive. If the engraving is as pretty as it appears, you might, after a time, knock off some of the sharp edges of the scrolls and so forth.

I do believe that a lined leather holster might be less problem for the finish of your fine revolver than nylon.

Best regards,
Johnny

Back