• Anything ‘published’ on the web is viewed as intellectual property and, regardless of whether it displays a copyright symbol or not, is therefore copyrighted by the originator. The only exception to this is if there is a “free and unrestricted reuse” statement associated with the work.

In order to protect our members and TFL from possible litigation, all members must abide by the following new rules:

1. Copying and pasting entire articles from another site to TFL is strictly prohibited. The same applies to articles from print or other media, and to posting photographs taken of copyrighted pages or other media.

2. Copyright law provides for “fair use” of portions of a copyrighted work. You can copy no more than a SINGLE paragraph from the article to your post (3 or 4 sentences at most).

3. You must provide a link to the article along with the name of website. For example: ww.xxx.yyy/zzz (The Lower Thumbsuck Daily News).

4. You must provide, in your own words, a brief summary of the article AND your reasons for believing it will be of interest to TFL members. Failure to do so may result in the thread being closed or your post being deleted as a “cut and paste drive by.”

5. Photographs and other images are also copyrighted. "Hotlinking" of images (so that it appears in your message) from other sites is also prohibited unless you own rights to the image. If you wish to share an image, provide a clickable link to it.

Posts that do not follow these new guidelines will be altered or deleted by staff. Members who continue to violate this policy may lose their posting privileges at TFL.

Thank you for your cooperation and your participation in TFL, the leading online forum for firearms enthusiasts.

photos x 2

Thanks for the details, srtrax. That helps me at least follow your method. I'm going to try it your way exactly to see what happens.

Before I do though, I have to say you're adding a bunch of unnecessary steps. And I hasten to add, I realize others here have suggested those unnecessary steps to you, so it's not your fault. I'll explain later.

test post

attachment.php

Attachments

• MVC-281S.JPG
    MVC-281S.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 77
Mal H

Be nice if there was a short cut! THANKS for looking into this for me. The tree i came from grew on the side of a pretty steep hill, and well when this apple fell, it landed at the .
. :D

Ok, I followed your procedure to the letter. I can see the image in my post above (post #22). Do others see it?

The extra steps I was talking about were in getting the properties from the User CP->Attachments. But, now that I think about it, you probably don't go through as many extra steps as I thought. We just do it differently and your way should be ok. When I upload an attachment, I go ahead and complete the upload and submit the post. The attachment appears at the bottom of the post. I then right click on the picture to get the properties, edit the post and place the picture wherever I want it to go and add the IMG tags.

I manually add the IMG tags, so maybe that's the main difference. I have never used the IMG icon (mountain thingy) to add an attachment. Maybe that's the problem. It's not clear at this point.

If you see the picture above, you'll also notice that there is a box with the attachment at the bottom (and in fisherman66's post in the Ruger #1 thread). That is the main thing that is missing from your posts. I never see the attachments. You have obviously uploaded them since you are using valid attachmentid's, but they seem to disappear for some reason.

When you access your attachment list now, what is in the list? Do you see the attachments that you think should be there, but that others can't see for some reason?

Ok here are our steps:

First go to "manage attatchments"
then go to browse find the picture you want and select upload
when the attatched picture appears above the "attachment key" right click on attached picture ( for example: ts29-1[1].jpg)
now go to properties and right click and copy the URL
now paste the URL onto the posting page and manually bracket

between the URL
now submit reply

and it worked for now...THANKS MAL H

Based on your descriptions and the tagged image URLs in your previous posts, I believe you were doing it correctly before. I also believe there is most likely a bug in the image icon process.

Keep doing it the way you did this time and you should be ok.

A reminder - you can upload a picture only once. So if you need to use the picture above in a "real" thread, simply copy the URL and paste it between the IMG tags in the new post like you did here. No need to upload it again. This thread is permanent, unlike any thread in the testing forum.

I can see it just fine it's a group of six flashholes.

I can also see an incredible piece of burl walnut. Is the other side as figured?

Where did you find such a nice piece of wood?

EDIT: we need to get that picture on the Rifle page!!!

Back