Persimmon scat

You got to watch those Alabama boys. Kind of reminds me of when Univ of Al went over to Athens to play GA. Two AL boys, Bubba and Roy, went and were watching the cheerleaders and the Georgia mascot UGA the bulldog. Suddenly, UGA sat down and started licking himself the way bulldogs do. Bubba said "Roy, I wish I could do that". Roy said, "Bubba, you pervert. That dawg would bite you".

Never seen nor heard of Rocky eating anything but meat either. Mind you, our raccoons may have higher standards. More meat in our garbage cans. snicker.

Ohhh, you Tide fans.... You hear about the Alabama and Auburn fans urinating side by side at the public restroom in the stadium? The Auburn fan gets done, zips up and starts to head out but is stopped by the voice of the 'Bama fan saying "Hey boy, Alabama fans are taught at a young age that its proper and sanitary to wash our hands after using the bathroom". The Auburn fans says "Well, we Auburn fans are taught at a young age not to p*** on our hands!!". :D

Oh, and I'd like to propose a punch line change to the committee: Roy said, "Bubba, won't work - I tried it - that dawg will bite you".

There are no pigs or bears in the area where I've seen this. There are coyotes, coons, skunks, armadillos, whitetails, possums, and possibly chupacabra & bigfoot. Seems a little large for possum, but could be.

Last edited:
Never seen nor heard of Rocky eating anything but meat either. Mind you, our raccoons may have higher standards. More meat in our garbage cans. snicker.

Raccoons are omnivores, sort of like bears. Aside from their canines, the really have human-like omnivore teeth (low, bunodont crowns on cheek teeth). The are opportunistic eaters. While you may see them going after meet, when you don't see them, they are eating whatever they can.

I am changing my vote from deer to some ignoble forest dwelling creature of vague identity. Not from peer pressure, but because of the enlightening nature of the comments shared.

My congratulations to you UD, I would have never guessed the topic could stir such controversy! One could say you ignited the proverbial s#!t storm! Hahahaa...

Its possum poo.

I know this because last year i had to run one off out of my stand before daylight. It left me a nice warm suprize in my seat that i didnt see in the dark:eek:

It is not unusual to see deer piles along with the pellet droppings depending on what they are eating. I suspect most anything that ate a bunch of persimmons would leave something similar. Best clue is where it is and the amount.

Coyote are larger in body in colder states than in the south.

They average 25-30 pounds around here.

Big enough to take one of your housecats or a small dog, but generally won't attack a human or larger dog unless they are rabid.

My brother has lost a couple of cats (just up and vanished) and they're essentially in the city, near the edge, in a gated subdivision by a greenbelt. Yotes are thick in a lot of places around here.

Back