Percussion caps-where are they?

My local shooting supply finally had RWS 200ct tins of winged caps for $23 / ea. Have not seen rws caps in over 4 years.

If you make your own primers out of aluminum from pop cans or beer cans and use the EHP 20 formula (non corrosive) according to the spreadsheets from Aardvarkreloading.com you can load about 1000 primers at a cost of between 4 and 5 dollars.

Been a month since I ordered, and the dies and primall haven't arrived yet. I think they stiffed me.

However, I did find 750 #1075 caps at Graf, so I'm good to go for a while.

That seems like a very long time to wait on an order.
Here are some photos of no 11 caps I made from beer can aluminum. The first one is the cup after it comes out of the die. My die is an old one from Forester Products called a Tap O Cap, I have had for about 30 years. They no longer make it. The second one is 5 caps that were fired on my Remington new model Army .36 cal. using a large rifle primer cup as dipper. I just soldered a cup on to a piece of copper wire. Dumped the charge in the cup and packed with a 1/8 inch skewer stick. The third one is 5 cups fired on the same revolver, however this time I filled the cups level with the compound and then packed it with that skewer stick. It helps to hold the cup in a pair of archery nock pliers, or you can take an old pair of needle nose pliers and drill a corresponding size hole just deep enough to let the cup set in. The EPH20 mix I am using is safe to pack like this. After packing you add one drop of 50/50 water 70 isopropyl alcohol mix to the cup to activate the mixture. This has to dry for a while or be dried. The 4 part mix from .22 LR Reloader is called H48 and is explosive when mixed so I do not recommend packing it at all, they tell you to add a drop of acetone and let that dry.
Dixie sells them too.
https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/search?FullText=tap+o+cap

https://www.dixiegunworks.com/index/page/search?FullText=tap+o+cap

Attachments

• percussion cap new spp.jpg
    percussion cap new spp.jpg
    675.5 KB · Views: 35
  • percussion caps spp.jpg
    percussion caps spp.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 32
  • percussion caps cupfill .jpg
    percussion caps cupfill .jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 32
Last edited:
It seems to be a scam site. People on various forums say they never got what they ordered and never heard from them. If they won't take a credit card it's most likely a scam.

Thanks for that info. My paypal would not go through from their site. They emailed me and wanted me to pay by email. I decided then that it may not be legit.

Thanks for that info. My paypal would not go through from their site. They emailed me and wanted me to pay by email. I decided then that it may not be legit.

Back