Pepper gun suggestions for my daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Skans,
I had one of those old tear gas pens. If you could manage to get it pointed in the right direction, (it had only a small arrow to indicate direction) so that you didn't spray half of it into your own hand, it had an effective range of about 3 feet, less if there was a breeze. Unless it was point blank into the eyes, it would really just make someone very angry.

Thanks Auto5, I have a couple of those old teargas pens but no cartridges, so I've never had a chance to try one out. Sounds like pepper spray made these things beyond obsolete.

Clydefrog , lets just look at this issue , My suggestion is that the need or right for personal safety is paramount and any would be assailant " if the girl was properly trained" would get what they deserve. No matter what a politician or judge would say to a living survivor of an attack could diminish the fact that the girl was still alive . Like I said it is better to be tried by twelve than carried by six!!! I cannot see how a girl beaten and raped then strangled with their own panythose is morally superior to a girl standing over her assailants dead body with a smoking gun in her hand ! Take a guess which one I hope my daughter is ( I have three) . He who will give up his liberty for a false security deserves neither !!!! If more people thought like you and this may soon be ( THE PEOPLES REPUBLIC OF AMERICA) Good day...........LOUD

Back on topic, I recommend against fog/cone OC spray because it is more affected by even light wind than either stream or gel/foam OC. That plus the naturally larger effective spray area makes secondary contamination more likely and more likely to be effective against the sprayer as well. Any gain in ease of aiming is likely small, since stream OC is extremely natural to aim within its useful range.

I suppose it would be possible to wipe off gel/foam OC, but it won't affect the usefulness of the spray, since wiping it off doesn't actually get the stuff off, only spread it around. You might end up with a lot on your hands as well, but I doubt it would be useful to fling at someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back