pellets to head did not kill skunk

I can't understand why so many folks are so willing to pass a problem on to someone else rather than just dealing with it themselves. Must be a city folks thing.
Gun and shovel(or just drag it out of sight) are the proper tools for dealing with nuisance wildlife.

I can't understand why so many folks are so willing to pass a problem on to someone else
That is the issue. All the neighbors have young kids and dogs. However, most villages don't have a plan for nuisance critters.

I thought about having my brother hold the leaf blower on Pepe while I stabbed it with a long pole. However, if you knew my brother...

Many of my clients just have no experience with wildlife. There is no shame in that. Some are elderly or squeamish or just don't want to fool with critters or whatever. I give lots of free advice over the phone and I am perfectly happy when homeowners take my advice and do it themselves.

You never know who you're talking to you or when you are being recorded. I'm always very careful to speak and conduct myself in an ethical, legal manner. Because I've built a solid reputation and DNR knows me to be one of the good guys, I often get referrals.

Hmmm . . . .

I have a break barrel pellet gun, I think it's Gamo, with a scope, and we put down rabbits with head shots at about ten yards. Killed rabbits with a multi-pump daisy BB gun in my back yard to protect wife's garden.

Skunk may be much tougher than rabbit.

Just saying . . . .

Live well, be safe
Prof Young

Pump air gun I'd have no problem with using. But be careful. Some localities will issue citations for hunting without a license for killing critters. I recall some kids getting into trouble for catching geckos with a solo cup. The warden said capturing vertebrates was considered hunting.

Co2 gun... me and my siblings had wars with co2 rifles... it hurts real bad,

I can't understand why so many folks are so willing to pass a problem on to someone else rather than just dealing with it themselves.
I live in the city and do not want to deal with a visit from my local PD, PETA, the local news station on a slow day, or some other nonsense. If they aren't in the house I leave them alone now.

I tried a Gamo pellet rifle once. It was a disaster even with a headshot inside 5 yards(head bleeding). I wouldn't ever try it again.
I may try with a PCP rifle when I get my hands on one of those.

Back