Pedersoli 1851 navy

For a WORKING gun I like the checkered grips. Wouldnt much care for em if I only bought guns based on history, OR if I had to fire very fast in cowboy action, as the smooth grips are meant to "roll" on the hand and allow fast, one handed, gunfighter style cocking... Or so ive been told.

For plinking, varmint control, or slow precise target shooting, they would be fine.. more then fine if your hands are wet when you need it in a hurry.

The snubnosed '60 I carry has checkered birdhead grips and they suite me just fine. If I ever found myself in THAT big of a fix with it id use a two handed grip with my off hand working the hammer anyway.... The checkering would help the hold in those sort of real world conditions...

Shrugs.. JMHO

Hmm. Kinda steep. A Pietta on Sale, and a trip to GA nets you a FINE working expertly tuned and fitted open top, for about the same or maybe a shade more. I think I would go this route again.
And Beagle, YES I wholeheartedly agree about the chopped muzzle. I want to do something with them so bad.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Back