Pedersoli 1851 navy

Looks nice. I imagine it'll be a little more refined here and there. I like the checkered grips and the presence of an actual crown. I do love my Piettas, but I have never been proud of that "sawn off" look that they have on the end of the barrel.

Hmm... not sure about those checkered grips. Doesn't seem very historically accurate. I would have thought the market for '51 Navys would be cornered by Uberti and Pietta. I wonder if this is a more refined target version like what they do with their 1858 Remingtons?

these are msrp prices in the EU. US prices are mostly lower (quantity I guess) Pietta and Uberti are also more expensive at this side of the pond.

I hope they make these with traditional grips.

I also hope that these things are match grade. If I'm paying $400 they better shoot cloverleafs off a bench at 25 yards.

Steve

Hmm, a 1860.
While the Colt designs are not my favorite over Remington, the 1860 has to be one of the best looking of the old style sixguns.
But before paying the difference for a Pedersoli, an in hand look see would be a must.
Any idea when and where they would be available in the US?

On the 1860 Pedersoli might have just cut out enough metal to load conicals in it. The Piettas leave too much metal under the arbor for anything other than a round ball. I can jiggle a LEE 200gr conical under the rammer on my Hartford model ASM 1860 Army. No problem loading conicals in the Reminngtons of several makes.

Agreed on the grips.

Pedersoli is pretty highly regarded in terms of quality. I sure hope they can correct all the detail inaccuracies that plague both the Ubertis and the Piettas (at least regarding the 1860--I can't speak to the 1851).

If the image of the 1860 is truly a Pedersoli production model, than it doesn't appear that has happened.

(In fact, I wouldn't doubt that the images are actually Ubertis)

Those prices are in Euroes. I don't think they will be that expensive ($400.00) after conversion. Don't know what the transfer rate is rite now. We'll have to wait and see.
But as mentioned Pedersoli, bought most,if not all of Euro-Arms machinery, when they closed. That is how they put out some of their (new) muskets so fast a few years ago.

Rebel Dave

Back