Patina finish on your guns?

Thanks,man It Sure Is Nice To Be Able To Chat With Others That Know A Hell Of Lot More Than I Do.lol.the Grips Came From Western & Wildlife Wonders.web Address Is The Same.or Call Which Is Better Cause Their Email Is Down,ask For Don At 509-782-3018.he Is Located In Washington State.i Had To Fit Them Ever So Slight But Man They Look Great!!!!!let Me Ask You,is There Anyone You Know That Makes Custom Leather Good For Black Powder?i Had A Belt (2 1/2") Made For Both Of My Slim Jim Holsters But I'd Like To Come Up With An Idea For Storeage Of Caps,balls,and Powder For When Im In The Field Or Just On The Range.i'd Like To Keep Them All Seperate Though.there Was An Article Yrs Ago In One Of My Mag's About Just Such Of A Thing But I Dont Have It Anymore And Dont Remember What Was Done For This.
Kevin

MPP1423, Cabelas has what your looking for. It's the same thing the civil war boys had for there caps and cylinders. You can buy a leather spare cylinder pouch (I have two) so you can carry loaded and ready to go cylinders and a leather pouch for a canister of 100 caps.They come in black , brown , plain and fancy.
Thanks for the info on the grips, Mike

MPP1423: I have an R&D Conversion cylinder for my Cabela's/Pietta 5 1/2" barreled Remington (pictured below). It was a complete drop-in and was timed perfectly. Works flawlessly and I LOVE it! By the way, My shorty Remington was made in 2004.

Now on my older long-barreled Remington (pictured above) was made in 1987; the same conversion cylinder would not fit in it at all. Much fitting would be needed to make it work in the older gun.

Shorty1.jpg

Johnrtse,thanks For That Info.so That Means If I Want One Of These Cylinders I Should Just Go Buy One Of The New Guns Also Because All Three Of My Rem,s Are Pretty Old.my Stainless Was Bought New In About 94' Or 95' And The Other Two Were Bought Used But Have Lower Serial #'s Than My Stainless.

Remington Kid,thanks For The Info On The Leather.i Actually Have One Of The Cylinder Cases From Cabelas But It Wont Fit On My New Belt Which Is 2 1/2" Wide.i Love My Slim Jim Holsters But I Have To Wear Them Butt Foreward On Both Sides(im Right Handed) Because Im What I Call Vertically Challanged,lol,im Only 5'5 So I Draw By Reaching On The Inside Of The Grips And Turn Them Around As I Clear The Holsters.this Gives Me More Leverage Because Of My Short Torso.well,anyway Im Rambling,i Need Leather Goods That Will Fit My 2 1/2" Belt.by The Way,i Tried The Break Free Idea And Let It My Cylinder Set Overnight In The Oil And It Still Wont Budge.whats The Socket Idea,i May Just Need Some Leverage.

MPP1423, OK , I would normally charge a small fortune for expert art work but for you I'll wave my fee :D
Hope you can understand what I'm trying to show you with this drawing. My wife is visiting our grandkids and she has my digital camera.....Anyway you will need a 5MM socket (I used a 3/8 drive socket), a hacksaw and a bastard file. You need to cut notches in the sides of the socket with the hacksaw and then smooth up the edges with the file. I make several cuts side by side for each notch and then when its wide enough I brake off these little ears with pliers. If you set the socket over the niple you will see why you need the notches cut out to clear the shoulders of the nipple. You want to make it fit as if it was made for takeing out the nipples so that there's no slipage when you do use it. Take your time.
I use mine all the time and I use it with a 3/8" allen wrench. Works great! One of the guy's on one of the cowboy sites gave me this idea a few years ago. You stll may need to heat the nipples a little. Mike
lniplegetter1.jpg
[/IMG]

remington kid,thanks again for you wisdom.i have learned more in a few nights chatting with you guys than i have in 11 yrs shooting my pistol.i will get right to work on the socket.thanks,kevin

Back