Paranoia or prudence?

That's great, Jim! LOL I wish I had just
one M-16!

I do feel the need to arm myself w/ two guns, and the added weight doesn't bother me one bit. I live in a bad part of Dallas, just about every house on our street has been broken into or vandalized. Assaults are rampant. Unfortunately we can't move out until the Spring. But when we can, we're movin' out to the outskirts of the DFW area.

Not to sound callous, but I don't care what the other side thinks about me "being armed to the teeth", and they sure don't/won't know I'm carrying. I don't advertise it. (Not doggin' on you Roon, just makin' a statement).

I like what Puddle Pirate said: "Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not all out to get me."

Roon, after I read Rainbow Six, I was wishing I had one of those M-60's and the sniper rifle the teams used (can't remember what it was called)... forget the P239! :)

------------------
"Liberty or death, What we so proudly hail... Once you provoke Her, rattling of Her tail- Never begins it, NEVER- But once engaged never surrenders, showing the fangs of rage. DON'T TREAD ON ME!!

No offense taken, Darthmaum. Just good to be able to go back and forth.

By the way, I really wanted one of them MP-5's used in Rainbow Six. H&K to the nines!

Good luck to you in that part of Dallas.

Roon

Actually in "Rainbow Six" the book, the guys carry Beretta .45's as their sidearms. In the video game version however, the primary sidearm is usually the HK .45.

Jim, I want to live in your neighborhood, if there is a home invasion I'll just call in some artilery.

I don't think two guns is paranoid, depending on your situation. I live in northern Utah, in a mostly rural area, two guns would probably be a bit much. Most of my friends think that one gun is paranoid, but what do they know. I used to live in innercity Birmingham, if I was there again I would think that 2 guns(a full auto Glock, and a silenced HK SOCOM), and a flamethrower would maybe just be enough. Sounds like Dallas is similar, if you can conceal both, go for it.

I loved Rainbow Six. And the game Rouge Spear is great also.

For knives I have carried a Spyderco Delica every day for about five years now. It is quick and easy to use one handed, opening and closing, it's light, and the clip really holds to your pants. I only had mine unclip out of my pocket once, and that was in a really bad bike accident. (Also unclipped my shoulder so I can't really blame the knife) :)

[This message has been edited by Correia (edited December 16, 1999).]

Back