Painted guns hot topic for Mayor Bloomberg

superpelly

Here's the article:
This company is located minutes from me and I did have a shotgun dura coated, they do nice work.

A Chippewa Falls company is in the middle of a dispute involving the product it sells.

Lauer Custom Weaponry in Chippewa Falls manufactures paints to color guns.

The Mayor of New York City has already banned the paints and one county in the state wants to do the same thing.

Today, Nassau County in New York announced it wants to pass local legislation that would ban the possession and sale of brightly colored handguns in the county.

The commissioner there says he's outraged at Lauer Custom Weaponry for mocking the efforts of Mayor Bloomberg to enhance police officer safety.

They come in all shades of colors.

Greens, pinks, blues, and blacks.

And these colors are what's generating big time attention, for a small town company.

Steven Lauer says, "Mayor Bloomberg about 2 years ago, he decided that he didn't like DuraCoat."

Steven Lauer is the creator of DuraCoat paints and the owner of Lauer Custom Weaponry in Chippewa Falls.

He says the Mayor of New York isn't impressed with the paints he invented to coat guns, even banning them in the five boroughs of New York.

Steven Lauer says, "He looks at Duracoat as being an unsafe product because it comes in a number of colors that he doesn't approve of."

Chippewa Falls Police Chief Wayne Nehring says the company isn't technically doing anything wrong.

Wayne Nehring says, "The company and like companies are certainly lawful in what they're doing. They're producing a legitimate lawful product.

But he says it doesn't mean it's safe for police officers.

Wayne Nehring says, "Throwing in these colored guns just really complicates decision making officers have to make."

Lauer says the mayor has neglected to talk with the company about concerns he has, forcing Lauer to retaliate.

Steven Lauer says, "We created five new colors for the mayor and we created a template so you can put a little graffiti on your gun and we put it in our catalogue, and we put the one gun on the cover of the catalogue."

The Bloomberg Collection is an assortment of colors ranging from Bronx Rose to Brooklyn Blue, and Queens Green.

Lauer says the mayor is a marketing wizard.

Steven Lauer says, "Our sales have skyrocketed, just because he's put our name on the map."

Lauer says the colored guns are actually a safety product.

He says the Army, law enforcement, and several other agencies have picked up the paints to coat their rifles.

And he says after being painted the guns won't rust or corrode.

Here's the company website
http://www.lauerweaponry.com/duracoatcolors.cfm?colortype=pattern&Category=240

Today, Nassau County in New York announced it wants to pass local legislation that would ban the possession and sale of brightly colored handguns in the county.

Some county commission has way too much time on its hands.

Geeze, can't they deal with taxes, or housing, or some other matter that might actually affect the people who live there? :confused:

just ridiculous

the must be a shortage of problem in New York that they can worry about what color firearms are getting to be a problem.

I agree with Fremmer!

Personally, I think it's great where we live in country in which we can focus on painted guns and don't have to worry about inflation, the falling dollar, the dying home market and the occupation in Iraq........ :eek:

I'm planning on getting an AK later on, and repainting all the wood furniture. At first I thought about going EBR black, but now I think I'm going to with something more in the range of a dark semigloss green. Maybe throw some ghost flames and my name on it, just for grins.

I'm planning on getting an AK later on, and repainting all the wood furniture. At first I thought about going EBR black, but now I think I'm going to with something more in the range of a dark semigloss green.

A British racing green AK? I like it.:D

You could put a cat logo on it somewhere and call it the jaguar (pronounced jag-you-are).

Of course, I doubt the gangers are bothering with the expense and hassle of Duracoat, when they can just use Krylon on the guns they're planning to ditch soon anyway.

OTOH, LCW could show their patriotism with a good, deep discount, "Whiz in Bloomie's Cheerios" sale.

Wayne Nehring says, "Throwing in these colored guns just really complicates decision making officers have to make."
Well here, why don't we uncomplicate it for them then: Leave lawful gun owners alone and keep all anti gun sentiment crap to yourselves. Is that simple enough?

Well, if I were a cop and I saw some guy holding the gun below, I might just have to shoot him out of principle.

attachment.php

http://www.thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173923

Back