P365 vs LCP pictures?

lcpsig%202_zps60q175om.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Here's mine. As someone else said, they are apples to oranges, but each has its role.

Thanks for the pic Auto5. I was just about ready to open the safe and do the same.
I have an LCP II and a couple of P365's. They each get about 50% carry time. It's is just too convenient to drop the LCP II into a wallet holster and go for a walk.
As for effective range on the little Ruger, I practice regularly at 30' and find it to be 8" pie plate accurate even with strings of shots at one second intervals. I am very comfortable with that as a short range self defense gun.

Last edited:
TruthTeller wrote:
The LCP is a good micro pistol in the wrong caliber. The .380 is too much for that little gun...
I disagree. As you noted: It's not meant to be a "combat handgun" so much as a last resort thing. That is the way I regard it and use it.

Truth be told: I'd prefer to carry nothing less than a full-size .40 S&W, 357 Sig or .45 ACP, but that is rarely practical for me. So most of the time I compromise with a single-stack 9mm that has just enough grip to comfortably control. For those times even that is too much I drop my "noisy cricket" into a pocket.

Personally, I don't find the .380 ACP in that little LCP to be in any way "too much" for it. Even with my big paws I find it quite manageable. Nor do I find it particularly uncomfortable to shoot. Secondly: I'm not dissin' the .32 ACP, and I certainly wouldn't want to be shot with one, but I regard the .380 ACP to be the absolute lowest I'm comfortable going in an SD round.

I bought my LCP with the CT laser. Interestingly: I actually group better with it using the sights than the laser. I figure the laser is good for low-light or when you can't actually sight, per se, and for the warning/deterrent effect. My thinking being anybody threatening me might be inclined to think twice with a laser designator glowing away on their chest ;)

The Wolff 12 lb recoil spring set greatly tamed my LCP. Put about 100 rounds through it for testing, and I'm very pleased. Stock grip and flush floorplate.

TruthTeller wrote:

I disagree. As you noted: It's not meant to be a "combat handgun" so much as a last resort thing. That is the way I regard it and use it.

Truth be told: I'd prefer to carry nothing less than a full-size .40 S&W, 357 Sig or .45 ACP, but that is rarely practical for me. So most of the time I compromise with a single-stack 9mm that has just enough grip to comfortably control. For those times even that is too much I drop my "noisy cricket" into a pocket.

Personally, I don't find the .380 ACP in that little LCP to be in any way "too much" for it. Even with my big paws I find it quite manageable. Nor do I find it particularly uncomfortable to shoot. Secondly: I'm not dissin' the .32 ACP, and I certainly wouldn't want to be shot with one, but I regard the .380 ACP to be the absolute lowest I'm comfortable going in an SD round.

I bought my LCP with the CT laser. Interestingly: I actually group better with it using the sights than the laser. I figure the laser is good for low-light or when you can't actually sight, per se, and for the warning/deterrent effect. My thinking being anybody threatening me might be inclined to think twice with a laser designator glowing away on their chest ;)
I'm glad to hear it works for you so well, but my point is that the .380 LCP isn't right for many people, yet a .32 LCP would be. It doesn't matter what you're shooting if you don't hit what you aim at and it's tough to hit with the LCP, I would believe a .32 would make it easier to hit due to reduced recoil.

If statistics are to be believed, and "most fights" happen at 10' or less, and most that ever involve a drawn gun don't end up involving a shot fired, and that most people who aren't on drugs will stop or flee when they realize they're being shot at, then in some huge majority of cases (which are a huge minority of altercations already) the difference between an LCP and a .357 mag are probably all just internet hype. When I have my Beretta Pico, I feel like I'm prepared for that 1% of things that might go south someday. When I have my CZ with 15 rounds of 9mm that I can shoot effectively at 15 yards in competition, then I'm prepared for the 1% of the 1% of situations I might one day encounter.

It's astonishing how much smaller an LCP or Pico (or whatever) really is than even a P365. But I would definitely agree that for most people with normal hands, a P65 or larger will be much easier to shoot well.

The biggest differentiator, in my own opinion and practice, is not so much "which gun can I shoot better at distance?" but "which am I least likely to fumble or drop when drawing under stress?" I have never once fumbled a full-sized pistol, nor a single-stack 9mm. I have several times actually lost my grip on the Pico. All during dry fire of course, and thankfully!!! The Pico is a beautifully made (if quirky) little pocket gun, but man, that thing is like holding a deck of cards.

The Pico is...like holding a deck of cards.

That grip on the Pico was the deal breaker for me. It would be tons better imo if they added that hollow channel between the mag and backstrap which increases trigger reach on many larger pistols.

I shot the 365 at my club. We ran a thousand rounds through the Gun. The only problem we found was the grip with the receiver space was very narrow. For someone with a large hand, there is a big risk of riding the slide. In fact we warned everyone to be aware of this before shooting. Any failures with had with the gun was what we believed to be just that. Riding the slide.

I have a size large hand with long fingers and find the grip on the Pico to be much easier to hold and there is more room ON the Pico than the 365 from the receiver to the grip.
The 365 also has a very large take down that could be problematic for some folks and has. It has a potential on being pushed down when shooting.

The Pico is a much more milder gun to shoot than the LCP and none of the high five slap of the muzzle. But I belive the 365 for some one with small hands would find the 365 even easier to shoot than the LCP. It shoots much smoother.

Here I have a Beretta Nano grip to show a comparison.

oykVd3V.jpg
https://i.imgur.com

[img]https://i.imgur.com/MvAoNRI.jpg?1
iBs9Onl.jpg

/MvAoNRI.jpg?1[/img]

MHI28MV.jpg

pQz4451.jpg

Easy visual to see how much space the Pico does have from grip to receiver. Click the link.

Also, I agree with Truthteller in a previous post. I believe the LCP should have been designed only in 32.cal. Like the Kel-tec P32 which I just purchased a few weeks ago. The Aluminum subchassis of the LCP and Keltec are not meant IMO to handle the pressures of the 380 for any duration of shooting. The Stainless steel of the Pico handles hot ammo and will run and run when the LCP has long before has developed cracks.

ampk3C4.jpg

The Stainless steel of the Pico handles hot ammo and will run and run when the LCP has long before has developed cracks.

The LCP has been out a long time and there are many thousands of them out there. So where are all the cracked LCPs? I haven't heard of this being an issue.

I'm thinking about getting a Pico, so I'm not knocking it. But I've got an LCP and I think it's good little gun for very little money. And, frankly, I don't find it unpleasant to shoot. Sure, I'm not gonna go put 500 rounds through it in one session, but 100 is do-able.

I bought my wife a S&W Bodyguard 380 for purse carry several years ago and both of us found it just right for pocket carry as well. It's accurate enough out to 10 yds for torso hits but is just too small (read short sight radius) for anything beyond. We, one of us, carries it when anything else is just too big. I can't remember a malfunction with it to date and that's around 500 rounds fired.

I've also had a Sig P290 9mm for years that's served a little better, but found that its weight precludes pocket carry except in winter when wearing a parka. It too is accurate out to 10 yds but not enough for anything else. I carry it in an OWB holster that's high enough to allow use with most any untucked shirt or jacket. It too is 100% reliable with any 9mm round I've tried.

But the best of my small carry guns is the P365 that I've carried daily for the past two months. It's light enough (though a bit long) for pocket carry, but for the most part I've carried it in an OWB open top holster of my own make. I'm through 600 rounds as of yesterday, with zero issues...100% reliability. Mine is a January 2019 built date according to the sticker on the shipping case.

With Sig's version of tritium night sights, accuracy has to be seen to be believed...it's no trick at all to get 1" gps at 10 yds from a combat stance...ie. unsupported. I'm good enough with it to make hits on playing cards out to 15 yds and that makes it good enough accuracy wise to be a daily trail and chore gun here on our farm.

10+1 capacity is what all of the hullabaloo was about when it was introduced and it remains a big plus in my mind and mine shipped with two ten round mags. The trigger on this one was a bit scratchy through the first 50 rounds but has smoothed out and is now better by far than my wife's G23. It's the best I've yet tried on a striker fired piece. I also find the reach to the trigger is just right for my size L hands.

Sig designed the grip/frame interface with a cupped out space just at the back of the trigger guard that lowers the bore center-line closer to the grip...making for less muzzle flip...I can feel the difference when comparing it with my other Sigs.

If you're looking for a great CC gun that's light, accurate and reliable, try out the P365...issues that came up when it was first introduced have been addressed and what remains is truly a superb carry gun. Hard not to be a fan-boy with a carry pistol this good comes along. BTW, I paid $484 + tax through a local gun shop in nearby Louisville KY.

HTH's Rod

Last edited:
On concealability, how much difference does it really make for the average civilian without any special work requirements?

Just as a well fitted shotgun comes up and should go off the second it hits the shoulder and should hit the target, does your choice in handguns do the same without any fiddling or adjusting of your grip. Then will it stay in place after the first shot, so that the second one can be fired without any hand or grip adjustment?
Grizzly, these are excellent points, commonly overlooked. I find the 365 grip affords both excellent conceal-ability while accommodating my size L hands and makes the gun a natural pointer for me. Sigs are often accused of having a high bore axis...true...but this one's lower due to the cut out at the rear of the trigger guard...with noticeably less muzzle flip.

HTHs Rod

Back