P365 vs LCP pictures?

wild cat mccane

Hey there,

Anyone happen to have both the P365 and the LCP? Would it be possible to get two pictures with the two resting on each other and with slide width from the back?

Thanks!

I can try to get some LCP P290RS 380 pictures for you if that would help. The P290 was the predecessor of the P365. Just let me know if that would help.

The SIG P365 is slightly larger with the 12 rd +1 configuration but it is not noticeable when it comes to EDC. That is one round short of having two magazines thru an LCP.

I just recieved my p365 yesterday. It is nearly identically-sized to the Lc9s, which I’ve carried since they came out. I weighed both with empty flush mags and lc9s was maybe 2oz lighter but very close. I know that’s not the lcp but maybe some perspective. I have the lcp custom and II but didn’t compare them yesterday when I was messing with it.

I have both but no pics. The SIG is larger than the LCP, like most guns. A better size comparison would be to a Kahr CM9 - they are about identical. (Which is why my Kahr is being replaced by my SIG)

The LCP9 feels like shooting a credit card. My p365 is somewhat hand filling with a thin slide. There comes a point where these micro carry pistols are just too small or thin to shoot effectively.

There comes a point where these micro carry pistols are just too small or thin to shoot effectively.

Especially when you only have 6 rounds and a few feet of accuracy.

One of the nicest things about the P365 is I can shoot nice groups at 25 yards with it. It is an effective combat pistol that has excellent concealability.

We can get our self too caught up with pictures and spec sheets. How does it feel in the hand, point, shoot and recover compared to other pistols.

When I was shopping, the thin grip of most small single stack 9's left me a little uneasy. The G26 was just a bit fat for me, but the Sig P250sc in those comparison photos felt just right and I bought it.

Then the 365 came out and someone handed one to me. My first reaction was that I preferred the P250sc small grip for my hand. The 365 didn't settle in the hand naturally for me.

On concealability, how much difference does it really make for the average civilian without any special work requirements?

Just as a well fitted shotgun comes up and should go off the second it hits the shoulder and should hit the target, does your choice in handguns do the same without any fiddling or adjusting of your grip. Then will it stay in place after the first shot, so that the second one can be fired without any hand or grip adjustment? Many thin grips won't for me. Small hands may love the 365. It's great to have all these choices. Compared to the 70's and 80's the choices are amazing.

Yet, I still love my 3" Bulldog .44 for when I'm not overly concerned about
capacity.

Oh, and my LCP custom doesn't fit any of those requirements I set for myself. I bought it for the pocket. Most of my jackets let a J frame or similar revolver show. The little LCP is smaller and always there if say I'm loading my wife's wheelchair into the trunk or assisting her in and out. We are more of a target now than in our youth. So, I'd keep that little LCP your inquiring about on a size comparison. They are pretty hand in sweat pants also.

Last edited:
P365 and LCP aren't even in the same ball park when it comes to concealment. But then, you get a lot more with the P365 and it still isn't ridiculously large for concealment.

But then, you get a lot more with the P365 and it still isn't ridiculously large for concealment.

I carry mine strong side IWB in a T-shirt, Shorts, and flip flops in Florida, LOL. To me the LCP crosses the line to where concealability sacrifices combat effectiveness.

The P365 is just as effective as my M9 in the service. My 25 meter groups look just like they did in the service with an M9.

Grizzy2 list's the perfect mission for the LCP. It is something when you have nothing to fight off the immediate threat. It is a dismal combat pistol outside of that mission.

I like them both, for different reasons of course. But I was really surprised at how impressed I was by the P365. I hate to sound like a fanboy but especially with a green Lima laser and twelve rounder attached. Not something I’d feel under-gunned with for a pistol anyway.

I like them both, for different reasons of course.

Absolutely. I think of the LCP as a modern derringer in the pocket. It is perfect for shooting the threat on the "other side of the table" distances.

Absolutely. I think of the LCP as a modern derringer in the pocket. It is perfect for shooting the threat on the "other side of the table" distances.
And without a doubt! The LCP is an excellent evolution from the traditional derringer but unfortunately lacks the ability to reliably function when being discharged from within a jacket pocket or similar. Then again, anyone try testing the pistol by firing several rounds from an LCP out a Tuffy jacket pocket?

Wow, whole lotta LCP bashing going on here, time for the Moment of Truth.

The LCP is a good micro pistol in the wrong caliber. The .380 is too much for that little gun and the design of the LCP goes back to Kel Tec and their .380, which was put into the P32. The original design was around .32 ACP and if .32 were in the LCP II, that would be the best polymer micro pocket pistol mousegun peashooter.

The comparison between the LCP and P365 is apples to oranges. If you can carry a P365 effectively wearing basketball shorts and a wifebeater, do it. Many can't, thus LCP time and really, the LCP wasn't meant to be used to stop a terrorist attack or mass shooting, it was meant to be something you draw and point to make somebody stop in their tracks and if they still kept coming at you the .380 is more capable ballistically and at point blank range accuracy or comfort shooting isn't on the mind of the shooter.

I would prefer it in .32 still tho simply because I'll shoot it more at the range.

Go to Genitron and compare. You can plug in any gun you want and compare size and weight. I post many pics on other forums, but the moderators do not allow on this forum because they claim it is copyright. Which is BS, as it comply s with all laws to be able to post. In fact, I even wrote Genitron and they replied that, of course you can post pictures of list, just ask that you Provide a Link to their website. In fact, I was threatened to be banned by one moderator if I did so.
This is The Firing line forum, so of course I will respect their banning of informative pictures.

But here is Genitron website link. You will have to have a account, but it is free. You can develop your own list of about 20 comparable firearms in the same class or different classes.

https://www.genitron.com/Compare-Handguns

Back