Overheard something at bass pro shops today

Another consideration is the age of the carrying person from a legal age standpoint.

I do not believe that a 13 can carry pepper spray legally......can she?

Another consideration is the age of the carrying person from a legal age standpoint.

I do not believe that a 13 can carry pepper spray legally......can she?

As far as I can tell, it depends on state and local laws. Some jurisdictions have age requirements and other regulations while others do not. I cannot, however, find any reference to federal law pertaining to a minimum age for purchase or possession of OC spray.

The mom should have steered her in the direction of the gun cases and told her:

"Your sixteenth birthday is right around the corner, why don't you pick out a nice gun for yourself - just make sure you tell the nice man not to show you anything less powerful than a 9mm"

On another note, people can raise their kids any way they want to. Their kids are their watch, not mine.

My 14 year old very responsible daughter carries pepper spray with my blessing.

It's not legal at school, but when she is walking in the neighborhood or with her friends in the mall, she always has it

It's legal in Texas for a minor to have

It's nice to know there's still people out there who love their kids such as you do dean, My daughter does the same as yours, also with my Blessing! And to you Clyde she has my Blessing also to carry a handgun if she wants. Funny you said something like that just about 30 minutes she said she's ready to get a purse like my wifes ( her moms) that is a purse from pistol packing Mommas that has a 38 S&W and you talking abouta daddy getting proud By the way she just turned 17 last month.

Last edited:
Back