Outside in your yard defense?

Coz: What do career criminals lookk like? I have worked with (ie supervised) habitual criminals. Also dealt with them when working security and as manager of various places. Still haven't found any way to tell by the look of someone if they are a goblin or not.

Mannlicher: I think your actions were correct. You made what you believed to be best decision at the time. And you survived with no injuries, don't see how you could improve on that.

Glam,

Well, I dunno what they, but according to Texas law, you can use deadly force if someone is in the process of breaking into your domicile.

Just passed my CHL Saturday, and thought of this post when I asked and double checked on that one.

Houstonians my recall that a few yrs ago a foreign visitor was shot and killed in West University area of Houston by a homeowner.

Guy was drunk. Knocked on the front door, then climbed the fence and was banging on the back door. Homeowner shot him through the door. No billed.

Like several have said, and the instructor said. Look at the circumstances, and the person/perp. If you are 70 yrs old, 5'6" and a 21 yr old 6'3" is breaking in, you'll probably, in your mind, be in fear for your life. If you're 6/3 and he's a small guy and not armed, you might want to just let him know you're there and pissed off....

career criminals look like O.J. Simpson or Gary Gilmore or John Wayne Gacy right?
:)

How did anyone make it through the razor wire, attack dogs, mote, and claymores. If they made it this far Im dead.

Actually if I am in my garage I would pull my Mosseberg 590 out of the trunk of my car and probably yell to my neighbor who is always on his back porch with a gun in reach and go ask the men to leave.

What is most important to me is protecting the life of my wife and myself. I would rather deal with the intruder the way I had to and sort out the legal ramifications later.

What is important is to never underestimate your opponent.

Back