Out of small rifle primers . . . but .  . .

I think the one thing we are over looking is not when will it be available but what will the inflated price be ??? Anytime there is a shortage of any item the price goes out of sight . :eek:

OP said:
Well, I'm now out of small rifle primers, but the 223 shelf in the ammo closet looks pretty good.

Which means he loaded more then is needed so your

Bucksnort said:
I load as I need to load.

does not apply , I'd hold some back . Of course that would depend on how many I have and how many rounds I feel I may need loaded . If I only had a couple hundred primes and nothing loaded . I'd likely load them all up . On the other hand if I had a couple thousand primers I'd likely only load 1500 at most and save some for who knows what . Like maybe needing to use them for small pistol magnum primers in a pinch . I've used SR primers in 357 loads before .

I’m sitting pretty good. I have just short of 10,000 SRP’s, a little over 8000LRP’s, a little over 6000SPP’s, but only 3000LPP’s which I don’t shoot a lot of. But, I also have a ton of already loaded ammunition in .38sp, .357mag, .41mag, 9mm, .223, 7.62x39, and 6.5CM. and enough brass, powder, and projectiles to load a ton more.

Back