OR Pastor won AR-15, could face charges

The pastor noted that it was the people who didn't want the law in the first place who are pushing for it to be enforced. He thought it was ironic.

Even more ironic however is that HE was FOR the law to be put in place, and he's probably the first one to suffer the wrath of it.

It's more than irony. That is poetic justice! It's also a perfect demonstration of "unintended consequences".

I've got to wonder how the general congregation feels about this. We've had pastors who started edging into the "pulpit politician" fringes, and they were warned, regardless of which side. I can't imagine anyone who disagrees with this pastor's politics staying in a church where they pushed from the pulpit. I couldn't stay even if I agreed with them BECAUSE they are being pushed from the pulpit.

yeah no charges despite the fact that be originally told the media he transferred it to a friend for safe storage, it was all over the news so he could get attention for his cause. I read that he had to hire a laywer over this who told him (and his friend) to shut up, obviously he knew the law had been broken.

what this means is anti-gun liberals are above the law and it was only intended to hurt the average gun owner, against whom it could be selectively enforced.

I guess someone told him to take the gun back with no witnesses and no evidence.

Interesting to know where the dividing line between enough evidence and not enough evidence lies.

This proves what we've been saying all along, that it's impossible to enforce.

It will be enforced to probably abuse some unfortunate person; in turn, upstanding citizens like pastors, doctors, lawyers and local public figures will be able to pass around assault weapons as long as no evidence of the transfer exists.

I guarentee if any real vun owners tells the media he made a transfer he would be charged and that media statement would be brought up in court when hes under oath.

Maybe some legal expert can clarify how a personal admission to the media is not enough credible evidence to warrent charges? There was no question the Pastor did not make the transfer, by his own public admission.

Back