Opinions on new CZ carry 9mm

Bought the P-01

Really like the ergonomics and while its heavier then a poly it's not to heavy to carry.
As soon as I picked it up I went straight to the range and ran 400 rounds of my reloads.
124 grain round nose with 5.0 grains of Power Pistol.
Not one hiccup all ran flawless.
Pistol felt good and balanced and pointed naturally in my hand.
The sights while are ok I will replace with TFX trueglo sights.
Grips when you first pick up the pistol are a bit sticky as they are a soft rubber grip but that seemed to wear off after extended use. I may replace them but not sure as of yet.

Magazines you get 2 14 round mags.
Good mags but one thing that kinda put me off.
Put all 14 rounds in mag and it rattles. Did some research on this and I guess it's a known issue put will not effect performance any.
Finish on the pistol is very nice smooth with out any imperfections very please with the finish.

Accuracy was very good... consistently hit bulls eyes from 15 feet....all though groups started to open up and 20+ feet... but thats me not the pistol....I need to get to eye doc and get some ajustments done to my contacts.

All in all I really like this pistol over all it will be a great addition to my EDC.
Now I just need to find a nice appendix carry holster

Nice choice. The PCR and P01 are great guns. I love the classic lines of my PCR, but sometimes I wish I had the P01 for the ability to mount a light.

Bought the P-01

Congratulations!

I have a P01, P75 Compact, and PCR (bought in that order, the Compact and PCR about a week or two apart, the P01 and Compact about a year apart). I like the PCR best. Probably because I wanted one since it came out and only bought it about a year ago. I got the P01 when I did because it was time to finally get one of the compact CZs and the PCR wasn't in stock anywhere, and since I really wanted the PCR, I didn't warm to it (until I got the PCR- now I love all three). I like shooting the Compact the best, while the PCR and P01 are heavy enough to be comfortable at the range, the Compact is a few ounces heavier and that much easier to shoot (I could shoot it all day if I could afford the ammo). However, I carry the P01 the most. Probably because I've had it the longest, shot it the most, and thus I'm most used to it (not that there is much difference).

I think these are about perfect carry guns. Light and small enough to conceal easily in most/all casual and business casual clothing (suit and tie might be tougher). Heavy enough for quicker follow up shots, long enough sight radius for good practical accuracy, and the grip has room for your entire hand.

As for your considering new grips, I have the original plastic on the Compact, the original rubber on the PCR and VZ grips on the P01 (probably the biggest reason it is the most carried). VZ, or any G10, grips are thinner than the rubber on the P01, making it an even better carry gun.

You asked about holsters a few times. I like hybrid IWB holsters for larger guns like these. If you prefer all leather, I'd go with something with dual straps or clips to spread the weight. I have hybrids for other guns from Foxx and Theis that I like, and use a Black Arch hybrid for my CZs. Black Arch and Theis are my first choice.

Why the change?

Old 454, I have a question. is there something you don't like about the Nightmare? Only reason I ask is that I am interested in adding the Nightmare to my stable. All the research I've done seem to indicate that it is a superior weapon, but I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Thoughts?

Nope no problem at all with my Sig Nightmare.

Eats all my reloads with any problems.. feels good in the hand ..points well. Gun is well balanced.

I just want a 9mm carry gun and I really like CZ alot. Just mixing up my carry options.

Gun ownership is a damn disease...1 is to many and 20 not enough lol.

Same here Average Joe. I'll never mount a light on an EDC. PCR is a bit lighter, easier to conceal, no brainer. Love that gun.

Also have a RAMI, like the PCR better.

I don't personally see after owning a P-01 how a PCR would be that much easier to conceal. The dust cover generally isn't an issue when it comes to concealment (might be harder to find a holster though). On CZ's website it looks like the PCR saves you 0.6 oz. You can always choose not to mount a light and still have the option. I do think aesthetically the PCR looks nicer. Similar to the P series SIGs for me in that the rail looks a bit off.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I wont be mounting a light. Personally dont see a need for it.

I like the p-01 doesn't have the cut in the bottom of the frame.

Took it out for more shooting and again ate everything I fed it.ran another 200 rounds through it. So 600 total rounds with zero problems.

Just picked up my Rami BD from my lgs. Fit and finish are excellent. Heavy DA pull, nice SA pull, half cock pull not bad. Magazine release is a bit stiff. The BD model came with True Dot night sights, easy to pick up. Extended mag and sleeve are comfortable in the hand as well. Over all very happy with my purchase. Time to find a nice leather holster.

I don't personally see after owning a P-01 how a PCR would be that much easier to conceal. ... I do think aesthetically the PCR looks nicer. ...
You're right. The only advantage of the PCR over the P-01 is the aesthetics. It's a good looking gun with classic lines. IMO, the best looking mass produced CZ-75 they ever made.

I love my PCR and it's been a reliable companion for quite a few years, but I'm in the process of switching to a P-07 so I can add a light and optic.

I cannot find that damn rig for the life of me. Falling all OVER it when I didn't need it, now, nowhere to be found. I will keep looking, I KNOW it didn't go anywhere.

You're right. The only advantage of the PCR over the P-01 is the aesthetics. It's a good looking gun with classic lines. IMO, the best looking mass produced CZ-75 they ever made.

The PCR is very attractive. If not their most attractive firearm, it's certainly a contender.

I'd prefer to have the slide mated all the way out but on the P-01, notice that little shiny bit of slide rail out near the muzzle? It's always there, poking out like a sore thumb from the otherwise black gun. Combine that with the slide serrations going two different directions... It might seem silly but with so many good choices out there, we can afford to be picky about aesthetics. :)

That said, I really like the muzzle shape on the Baby Eagle and Canik Shark.

I have a PCR and absolutely am in love with it. All of it. The P01 is on the list eventually. Both are awesome handguns.

I did add some LOK grips [thin matrix]. Highly recommend LOK grips! I added a CGW Pro Package and polished the internals. Its night and day.

Even if I kept the gun essentially stock I'd get their trigger and polish the internals with 1500 grit.

Back