Opinions on Boyd's rifle stocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boyd's gunstocks

Recently I decided to upgrade my model 60 marlin. I found Boyd's gunstock searching on line. I liked the look of the thumb hole stock. In my excitement to finally order the stock I ordered the wrong stock. no big deal just call or email and correct the order, right WRONG and that's when the nightmare started. I realized right away I made a mistake and tried to call 12 times and sent 4 emails. I never got to talk to anyone and no one returned my call. After trying all the prompts in the phone system someone answered. They told me that I would have to pay 15% more to get the stock I wanted. I told then I will net pay 15% more just cancel the order. So they did. I thought. The next morning I received a email stating that my stock had been shipped. I called again going to a completely unrelated department to speak to someone. They said they would call the order back but I would still have to pay the 15%. I finally said okay go ahead I'll just call the credit card company and tell them it's a bogus charge and have it removed. What a bunch of Morons. I'll keep the stock I have. I hope the stocks are better then the people running the place.

finalfant111; I have two Boyd's, A RIA walnut on a Yugo mauser, and a Laminate Prairie Hunter on a Spanish small ring mauser.
I finished them both myself and they have held zero through all kinds weather and adverse conditions. I couldn't be happier and will have another project this coming year.
Boyd's will get the nod on that one too !! :D

Tahoe- you do know finalfant111 made his one and only post almost 6 1/2 yrs ago?

But as long as we're on the subject- I too ordered a mil 1903 and a 1917 Enfield (Eddystone) stock from Boyds. The 1903 worked great, but the 1917 took heap big fitting. Not that I mind- lately it's been too rotten to do a whole lot outside, so a little stockwork doesn't bother me too awfully bad. Both stocks were just basic walnut with nothing special as far as grain or figure, but they look nice with no stain and basic rubbed in oil finish.

Necrothreading for a rant whereby someone admittedly ordered the wrong stock and is upset he has to pay more for the right stock....:confused:

Hey 10-96, you still seeing my old birds over there buzzing around?

Wow, reading all these negative posts I can hardly beleive we're thinking the same company. I have had nothing but great service from them, the stocks usually fit without no extra work ( my last one needed to have one bolt hole filed a little bit as the hole was drilled a little off ) but other than that, the actions all fit perfectly. I myself like the laminated, there stiffer and don't tend to warp, so they tend to be more accurate without bedding. And you can't beat the price for what you get.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back