Opinions and experiences with the Beretta 92FS?

INOX is short for the italian word that means stainless steel, nothing fancy just a stainless slide and barrel.

one thing i don't like about the 92FS INOX are the sights, they have red dots instead of white and aren't easy to see. so i'd recommend the 92FS in bruniton or the 92FS Brigadier INOX which has better sights.

the FS models have a safety/decocker on the slide. the G models are just decockers without a safety like a sig is but they are only available to civilians in the Elite and Elite 2 guns. some old LE Berettas might be in the G safety format.

Ithaca Deerslayer,yes they dont make the 92FS compact anymore.Berretta discontinued it in favor of the Centurion,and then a liitle after that,out came the Cougar pistols.13 round mags,shoots to point of aim,great weapon,no recoil,other than the bluing gone a little,great gun,and it's so pleasing to the eye!

I own a Colt 1991A1 and a Beretta 92FS "Russell92" helped me decide on a 9mm last May. I think he's a Beretta Salesman in Disguise! I think the Colt 1991A1 is an Excellent 1911 model for the money "I paid $375 for it and it was never fired brand spankin new". Some poor gun Collector was in Debt and sold it at a loss because he needed the money. I had problems with the 1991A1 with some Hollow Point ammo but ZERO problems with about 1400rds of Ball ammo. The reason to get a 92FS "If it Fits your hands" is the fact you can get HiCap mags easily for around $40. I have shot all sorts of bullet designs threw it and ZERO feeding Problems. I am a Fan of Full sized handguns and I think the Colt 1991A1 is the best .45 for "Me" and the Beretta 92FS is the best 9mm for "Me". You won't read a bad thing about the 92FS other than the size of the gun.

You wanted pics. Here ya go! :D

ber92fs.jpg

92fsinox.jpg
92 inox

92FS-96BRIG-INOXcopy.jpg
I like the grips on this one!

92FS-96CENTURION_copy.jpg
Centurion!!!

92ELITE_copyber.jpg
Elite!!

64CHEETAHNICK.jpg
Chetah .380

b3.jpg

b2.jpg

Beretta FS, 470th Anniversary Pistol
Mirror Polished Stainless Steel
Walnut Grips with Gold Emblems
Chrome Plated Magazine w/ 470th Logo in Gold
Includes Inlayed Walnut Presentation Case
ONLY 470 MADE FOR WORLD DISTRIBUTION!
$1,950 NIB

Bought a 92 Border Marshall and I liked it so much, I got another one. My hands are not big and I have no problem with the grips. Also, I'm very OK with the recoil, maybe because of the heavier Brigadier slide. I have rented a few guns at my shop, and this is the one that felt best for me.

Can anyone tell me where the best price for a new 92FS 9mm INOX is located? So far I have found a few for alittle over 500.

Pluses:

Great shooter.
The only Traditional DA that I could shoot without the first DA shot straying slightly due to low recoil of 9mm.
Breaks down easy.
Hi-cap mags a plenty and plenty reasonable.
Low recoil

Minuses:

The locking block sucks-----comes out easily but is cumbersome to reassemble.
The 92 is not made to shoot excessive amounts of +P ammo
The finish is delicate and the barrels rust when exposed to combat situations.
Frame finish is delicate and starts wearing immediately.
Mag bumper plates are some kind of foam-like rubber and the black rubs of if just look at it wrong thereby broadcasting the gun's presence to the world by the shiny silver-white mag bumpers.
It must be lubricated constantly to function in extended sessions.

On the whole a wonderful range/home defense weapon. The fact that it was apporoved as our official military sidearm is proof-positive that politics/back room deals are more important than soldier's lives. Why would we choose a pistol for combat that: corrodes very easily when exposed to mud and water, will jam up in dirt or sand easily or is complicated to reassemble due to the locking block?

I guess when we find out why NAFTA was so good and the whereabouts of all that training and new jobs NAFTA brought, we'll know why the 92FS was chosen.

This is the first report I have heard of regarding a poor or delicate finish on Beretta 92FS pistols. Are you refering to the blued version or the stainless version, or both?

Lightsped:

The blued finish. The finish is fine and will last a long time if your Blue92 is a range or home gun. Ask any grunt how they hold up in the mud and sand and you will hear a different tune.

All in all, I like the 92FS but has a drag-the-the-mud combat handgun, I comes up lacking when compared to a Glock or HK.

Yeah, I am not planning on fighting any wars with my 92FS. It will primarily be used as a range/home guin. Nothing more. Also, I am interested in the stainless INOX version as well....

I have a 92 FS, a SIG 229 .357 and a Kimber 1911. All are fabulous pistols in my opinion. As most have stated previously, it is a matter of what you prefer in the way of features. All the guns on your short list will compare favorably to your SIG, from my experience.
Z

Back