Opinion: Reliable autoloader for upland birds with wood stock?

A friend is an avid pheasant hunter who really likes her Benelli Ultra Light 12 ga at 6.1 lbs.
She says the guys kid her about her Girly Gun but are "willing to try it out" in the afternoon after carrying their 8 lb guns all morning.

Another vote for a used 1100. If you like the 870 it's an easy transition,
and if you are patient you can find some beautiful guns in the used rack.

1100; Still running

Another vote for a used 1100
Back in the mid 1983, I bought my "used" 1100. from an old duck-hunter that stopped hunting. I paid $135.00 for it and it became, my go-to shotgun. Shot plenty of game with I and can't even give you a head count of how many Whitetails it took. Iowa Pheasants move to South Dakota and I sold it to my buddy's son, in 2009. It became his GO-To and loves it. The only part, I had to ever replace, was the sealing "O"-Ring on the gas piston. This one is still running today!!!

Be Safe !!!

A lot of those guns tend to be on the somewhat heavy side - great for recoil reduction; bad for all day carrying up and down hills, so decide accordingly. For upland where I walk more than shoot, I like a 20 weighing about 6# - semi, pump, O/U or SxS doesn't matter; light weight and pointability mean more

Back