opinion on a Ruger M77 MK II in 300 win mag

Now that you have the rifle and you seem to enjoy it, the next thing you will want to do is get some reloading equipment! You should be able to improve your groups and lower the cost of shooting. Enjoy!!!!

Now that you have the rifle and you seem to enjoy it, the next thing you will want to do is get some reloading equipment! You should be able to improve your groups and lower the cost of shooting. Enjoy!!!!
hey there Porsche, Ive been reloading now for about a year , still new to it. I already am plotting and schemeing on what is a good load for it , thinking of tryin a 165 gr Hornady sst over some reloader 22 or some Imr 7828 , well thats what I got on hand at the moment . Anyone got any suggestions ? ..........LOUD

Ive had the best results using IMR 4350 on 150gr, 165 gr, and 180 gr. My chrono shows the least variation from hi to lo with IMR 4350. My pet load is 74gr of IMR 4350, 150gr Sierra Matchking. CCI LRM primer. and seated to OAL of 3.325. Of course yours will be a bit different because no 2 rifles are the same. According to sierra's manual, this is close to MAX load.

I'm "developing" a THEORY that rifles with stainless steel barrels shoot better then normal steel barrels. That's been my experience so far. Anyone heard of a stainless Ruger (or other brand) not shooting good groups?

Back