Opinion needed - Remington 770 .308

I don't want to start anything, but I think it's LOL amusing how everybody is a macho firearm afficando (sp?) yet they are always asking about the recoil and how a .270 Win or .30-06 "hurts my shoulder" ROTFL!!! Listen guys, I am 6"2 and weigh between 160-165 pounds at any given time, picture that long lanky skinny frame. I am 19 years old, I do not work out at all, and many people have always thought I was 2-3 years younger than my age, you get the picture, right? I go to the range alot with a rifle I borrow weekly from a family member, Remington 700 CDL chambered in .300 Win. Mag. When I pull up, set up and fire the first round, all of these 30-60 year old "macho" guys turn there heads and look at me funny while holding there various "in between, enough power but not too much recoil" cailbered guns like .25-06, .270 and .30-06. Recoil is mostly mental, I mean, your going to feel it anyway whether you flinch or you don't flinch, so you might as well not flinch and make the shot. Recoil isn't going to hurt you, yes the gun is loud and yes you feel a shove on your shoulder in 1 millisecond, but the same people who flinch on a magnum are the same one's who jump while watching scarey movie, it's all mental!!! My 2 cents

so who here actually shot the 770?

i own a remington 770 in .308
and i can tell you its not a piece of junk, or a "toy"
the accuracy of this gun at 300 yards is amazing, im using federal 150 grain soft points, and im shooting 4 inch diameter clay pigeons, i hit 51 out of 60 targets last time i shot, at 300 yards, with the clays. I cant really tell you a group size, but its pretty dead on. the stock is ok, but the built in studs are pretty pointless. they broke off when i put i bipod on it. so this may be about a year late. but if you still havnt bought the rifle your looking for, id say go for this one, you just cant put a bipod or a sling on it. i dont like the people who like to talk crap about things when they dont know about them :)

Back