Open Carry vs Concealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Open carry isn't as tactically unsound as many make it out to be.

For one the individual is likely going to be carrying a larger firearm because it doesn't have to be concealed. I would rather have a full size handgun than a pocket gun.

A hardened criminal is going to case the room and pick out potential threats based on awareness, posture, and a sixth sense. I get picked out as a cop all the time even off duty in ratty old clothes. He will assume that person will be ready. An inexperienced punk will probably be too nervous to observe who's carrying.

If you were a criminal intent on making some quick money who would you risk disarming a person with a gun or would you wait for him to leave and pick someone else? Yeah I thought so.

Draw speed is unquestionably faster from an open carry holster than from under a shirt.

I understand not wanting to draw attention from people who are anti gun, but we don't ask permission from them to exercise our rights anymore than we ask permission to speak freely.

Ultimately I won't harass someone for their method of carry. It's a personal choice and it's a free country. I just like to illustrate that open carry isn't as tactically unsound as so many like to say.

Good day folks. Keep your powder dry.

giphy.gif

Good grief, not this again...

Try here first...

24594830174_a3ae37e78c_h.jpg

We cannot answer this question for you. With all due respect, the only correct answer is "Whichever works better for you." And only you know enough about your life style, your wardrobe choices, the laws and the attitudes in your community, and even your body type to be able to answer that question.

We need this thread if only to see the memes. I wanna see more! Let's see, we've got Tony Stewart, Patrick Stewart, any other Stewarts? :p

Concealed for a few big reasons:
1) I don't want to provoke anyone or be a catalyst for any trouble.
2) It's a tactical advantage to appear unarmed like most other folks.
3) If you become known as someone who open carries then it's obvious when your armed and when your not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back