Open Carry vs Concealed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CALAMBE

Inactive
Opinions and not hype is wanted. I want the best option: open carry or concealed carry? And, why you chose that option.

Just sayin'........

PleaseNot-this-thread-again.jpg

I prefer concealed, I don't like advertising I'm carrying, tactically speaking, I like the element of surprise to be on my side (no pun intended).

If there is an insane gunman who is planning on robbing a store or just shooting people for no good reason; if you are open carrying, you are going to be shot first because you are an immediate threat to them. Also you cannot absolutely be aware of your surroundings 100% of the time so there is a small chance someone could disarm you if open carrying. The only time i will open carry is if out in the woods or country and i wont really be around people i dont know. I live in the suburbs/city so for me I will concealed carry 99% of the time. But if hunting or woods walking or fishing or camping etc. I will open carry

I don't think there is any real reason to open carry. I'd rather not get in a discussion with an angry stranger who's outraged that I'm carrying a gun.

No choice in my state... Concealed is the only method of carry allowed unless you are a LEO and on the job...

In a perfect world, nobody would be bothered by a person carrying openly who is doing nothing wrong...

But if I had the choice, I would carry concealed so as not to be the center of attention and confrontation everywhere I go.

They just passed this in Texas as of the new year, I have yet to personally see anyone open carrying.

What P71pilot said:

"If there is an insane gunman who is planning on robbing a store or just shooting people for no good reason; if you are open carrying, you are going to be shot first because you are an immediate threat to them. Also you cannot absolutely be aware of your surroundings 100% of the time so there is a small chance someone could disarm you if open carrying. The only time i will open carry is if out in the woods or country and i wont really be around people i dont know. I live in the suburbs/city so for me I will concealed carry 99% of the time."

Concealed vs open carry

I've had a carry permit for over 50 yrs,ALWAYS CONCEALED CARRY,with zero issues.I do not want to be shot by someone who's over the edge at the mere sight of a gun displayed in open carry! I really have one more question on open which is:WHY??

I find open carry to be provocative. I carry my Shield concealed (and I carry every day) unless I'm on my ranch and I'll switch over to my revolver in a regular holster.

You cannot consider an openly carried weapon to be secure. I don't care who you are, you cannot be in 100% Full Condition Orange Sheepdog Ninja mode, someone can get a hand on your piece and no one knows how it may end.

Just take out your wallet and pay for your slurpee and newspaper while open carrying, then tell us the person behind you at the counter couldn't have got his hands on your weapon while you're taking care of the transaction and the cashier was chatting to you.

The only time I open carry is when I'm carrying my Ruger Blackhawk while I'm hunting. I carry that as a backup to my Winchester! ;)

Concealed unless I'm out in the woods, sometimes even then. I prefer not being detected as a threat to a criminal until I decide to reveal my ability to him.

Concealed. I don't need to bolster my manhood by showing everyone I carry a gun. I also don't think it wise to let a potential attacker know I am armed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back