Open Carry Proposal

I totally agree and the TSRA has been pretty clear that parking carry and campus carry has been opposed by colleges and business. The latter bought off legislators.

Even if a bill passes on colleges, it probably won't affect private schools although that has been suggested.

The reason is that such law would break the private property argument that your property allows you to ban.

We have been through that a zillion times on TFL.

I've been against businesses having the ability to ban if they are open to the public. Others disagree. The arguments have been made in numerous threads.

Don't hold your breathe for campus carry and parking lot easements.

The left and economic right are against it for ideology and perceived liability issues.

I think the best situation is that those who want to OC may freely do so. Those who want to CC may freely do so. Those who commit violent crimes against fellow citizens lose the right, either permanently or for a specified time. Every state should have a generous castle doctrine law, covering one's own premises and any place he goes that he has a legal right to be. Anyone seeking to prosecute a person for shooting an intruder would have a tremendous burden of proof to show that person was not a criminal intruder. No business should be able to ban weapons in personal vehicles.

Back