Open Carry not permitted in Fla

I'm in SWF, Sarasota County. Daily carry is a Kel-tec PF-9 hard chrome slide and poly frame. Carried in a cheap pleather, inside the belt, holster similar to what the old farts among us will remember as a yaqui slide . Just a small loop of pleather, with a belt clip sewn on the outside, to clip on to a belt.

Daily wear is a 2 inch Velcro/nylon web belt to hold the gun and spare mag with side clip suspenders to spread the load and allow for loose pants and no belt tight cinched at my waist. The suspenders carry most of the weight, hold up my pants (usually jeans) and allow me to move with NO binding or pinching.

For the odd occasion I have to dress, I tuck a North American Arms 22 mag mini revolver behind my western belt buckle. I've carried that gun into many places I really shouldn't, 'cause I plumb forget it's there. (before I start a skhit fight, NO I don't feel under gunned, I've put down several large animals with it, no problem.)

Some of us are pounding pretty hard on our legislators about getting back open carry, (we had unrestricted open carry and lost it when the concealed carry system came into being, still have it while hunting , camping and fishing. Also, a resident may open carry on his own property) Right now the suppressor rules are getting more play, we need to push harder for both.

RED, the sheep dog

Last edited:
Back