One can only dream!!!

Will you guys quit talkin' about,"Chain Guns",

More stuff I'll never get to play with:mad: :( ......:D ! I thought the Apache had a 30 mm Chain gun in the nose? Could be a 20mm though?

Still 2 Many Choices!?

now you guys are talking about two completely different weapons..!

Chaingun: a single barrelled weapon, whose bolt carrier is propelled by what looks like a huge bicycle chain, ala the M242/Mk38Mod1 (that's my baby!)

Mini/Gatling/Vulcan: usually 6 barrels, usually powered electrically, ala the GAU17, Mk15 CIWS, etc

now you guys are talking about two completely different weapons..!

Chaingun: a single barrelled weapon, whose bolt carrier is propelled by what looks like a huge bicycle chain, ala the M242/Mk38Mod1 (that's my baby!)

Mini/Gatling/Vulcan: usually 6 barrels, usually powered electrically, ala the GAU17, Mk15 CIWS, etc
They started, I didn't.:D
One of my friends - The late, great Sam May of APEX Rifle Company worked with Hughes Aircraft on the development of the Chain Gun. He once showed me a placque they gave him in recognition of his contribution to the project.
He made hundreds of 25mm and 30mm barrels for them.
Honestly, I've never heard of a 20mm Chain Gun.
In reply to Maser's question, here's a link to a video of an A10 and its GAU8 7-barrel electric Gatling gun... http://www.compfused.com/directlink/741/

Back