Older Taurus Reliability?

I have a 669 I bought in the mid 90s. I have abused this gun. It is my main pistol I carry afield and I test .38 and .357 handloads in it. The gun is very accurate, still tight and 100% reliable. My son now has a .357 mag tracker. No complaints here.

My first handgun, bought 30 years ago, was a Taurus M65. Still have it with lot of rounds on it, never a problem. Got a Lightweight .38SPL, same, but maybe 1K on it. Then most recently a 905, about 3K on it.

I would certainly buy another Taurus Revolver if it was the configuration I wanted.

My dad had two Taurus revolvers when I was a kid. Likely both 80's era revolvers. A 22LR and a 22 mag. Both were garbage and didn't function correctly. Switched to Rugers and all problems went away. Coincidence, I'm certain.

This one has been bouncing around with me since 1984 with no problems whatsoever.

XoAXt9N.jpg

idXStnw.jpg

Brazil

I worked with an Eq. manufacturer that did many of their parts in Brazil and final assembly here in the states.

Never had issues with the Brazil parts. The assembly of the parts? That was another matter entirely. I was not with them long, I don't sell junk.

The parts from Brazil were of very high quality both dimensional and finish wise.

I have a model 85 that sits in the brides nightstand. It takes a trip to the range once in awhile and has never been a problem.

My dad had two Taurus revolvers when I was a kid. Likely both 80's era revolvers. A 22LR and a 22 mag. Both were garbage and didn't function correctly. Switched to Rugers and all problems went away. Coincidence, I'm certain.
Rimfires and centerfires are very different critters and since Ruger started as a rimfire manufacturer and Taurus didn't, I would expect Ruger to be superior to most manufacturers in making them. My main rimfire is a Ruger and I don't have any centerfire Rugers. My centerfires are S&W, Taurus and RIA.

Had a Taurus Model 82..nice shooter except after about 50 rounds it started 'jamming'..could not squeeze trigger, pull hammer back or rotate the cylinder..After a few trips to YouTube..took it apart, including the side plate, cleaned, lubed, put back together never had another problem with it..but traded it for a Glock 19..Son has a model 65..no issues at all after about 500 rounds of .38 and .357..

Back