Old Colts

How can someone own a gun for more than a week and not shoot it?

I used to tell my friends that if they did not shoot a new gun within 30 days of buying it they had to give it to me.

Alas, I have some now that I have never shot. I just like to collect old guns. Of course, for some of them ammunition has not been made for a long, long time.

I have a detective special with a 2 inch barrel. Unshrowded ejector rod. Still carry it from time to time I love how the gun shoots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought this .32 New Police back in the 70's. It was part of a special run Colt did back then, a Detective Special old style, no shroud. I still have the original box and paperwork. I never did get around to shooting it.

It's beautiful!!! Looks just like mine ( I put some different grips on mine) yours is in wonderful condition!!! I've considered getting mine refinished but I figured it was a bad idea..

I love old Colt's way more than old Smiths. The Police Positive in .32 New Police and the New Service in .45 Colt are at the top of the list of Colt revolvers I want.

The Python can slither away and die, I'm not spending $3000 on one when I can get about 3 or 4 other classic Colt revolvers.

Lavan - the proportions on that 3" DS are perfect! I didn't know Colt made them in that length. Wonder if it was a custom order or just an option at the time?

Your pic is worthy of repeating it on this new page...

colt_det_spl_1.jpg

Back