Old 20mm mk Bullets found need info

ammuntion is ammuntion no matter how large the caliber....just store it safely or display it in a case or something....calling the cops for a 20mm shell seems a bit much for me and like the other guys said.....do you wanna take the chance that they rifle the entirety of your worldly possessions for other stuff....what if your 13 year old son scored a "joint" at school and now you have drugs and guns in house plus military ordnance!!!! bu bye now see you in 10 years

You know, everyone is assuming that the police are going to do a full tactical response with SWAT teams, helicopter support, body cavity searches, etc., based on the fact that you call them to inquire about disposal of found ordnance.

That's not going to happen unless you let it.

There would be absolutely NO probable cause for a premisis search, anything found in a forced premisis search in such a situation would be inadmissible.

If you're too paranoid to actually call the police to your home about somethign like this, gently put it in a box and take it to the police!

In fact, if you're that paranoid, what are you doing talking about guns on the internet? Don't you know that "The Man" can track you that way? :rolleyes:

I've DONE THAT TWICE in small town Pennsylvania.

My home wasn't searched, I wasn't arrested, I wasn't put on a terrorist watch list, I wasn't given the third degree with a car battery and jumper cables hooked up to my testicles... :rolleyes:

The officer asked where it came from, I told him box lot of junk at a farm auction, and that was that.

This crap shows up all the time all over the country. They're NOT isolated instances.

Police would much rather you call them than randomly try to ditch it.

Some of you really need to stop watching to many bad movies on TV. They're fueling delusions.

What exactly does the marking on the driving band (the copper "belt" on the bullet above the case mouth) read? That will tell you what that particular projectile is (TP, tracer, AP, etc.)

When we started making the 20mm bottle openers, we cut the first one on the CNC, and got a little paranoid when we saw that the round was actually hollow... But things worked out fine.

I like the blue-painted bullets - those are the "modern" inert designation ones. Any other color, I'd probably just take down to the local po-po, tell 'em I found it.

(of course, we're considering painting a few of them pink, and maybe do a gold plated one or three...)

Blue doesn't necessarily mean inert.

Blue means that it's a training round, and is non-explosive.

But blue rounds can have tracer elements and/or impact flash compounds in them to aid in training. I have one of each in my private collection.

These have to be handled with care, as well.

Back