OK so now we Have barack Outed, any more Questions ...???

At the day's end, I'm not sure McCain's actual stance on guns is any better.

Oh puh leeeze.....:D

McCain isnt even close in the numbskull race....Even Hillary is better than Barack....her positions are poll based anyway, she doesnt have a bone of integrity in her body...at least Barack believes in something...

that he is smarter than me, that white folks suck, that jews are exploiters, that the US sucks, that you can improve the economy via government intervention, that I need to pay more taxes, that you can negotiate with terrs et seq

Wildhappy420!Alaska TM

Rant....

In fact, this entire entire election has been a travesty...you have two far left senators fighting over who can appear to be more electable while trying to hide their true leanings as far leftists, you had a guitar playing preacher who thinks the world is 5,000 years old, a nonentity from Cleveland of all places who looked like a Hobbit and lives in a Tolkien fantasy world, a millionaire shyster whose haircuts cost more than a family in Peru makes in a year pretending to be a man of the people, a Mayor who billed himself as a leader and administrator who couldn't run a campaign, a loooooney obscure Congresman whose biggest claim to fame was his looniness and a blimp, a ponderous movie actor who acted like he didn't want to be running, a bunch of other folks whose claim to fame was a focus on one narrow issue to hide the fact thats allthey were about, a Senator who everyone thinks is a nice guy but doesnt have enough hair to ever be elected, and a curmudgeon who pisses off folks randomly.

I get to go shooting in a few hours though ;)

Rant end

Hey its called...beatin' a dead horse?

Simple fact. Obama gun stance threads will probably continue, until the Mod's decide otherwise. The only dead horse beating is you trying to stop such threads.

Hey thanks for letting us know whats happening in South carolina!

As to the coninuation of Obarackisgonnastealmygunsthreads...well I guess it easier just to screech amen than to do something original...

Thats one of the problems of the net...original content gets buried uner the noise of repetition...

Wildallcatsaregayinthedarkireckonhappy420!Alaska TM

I for one like hearing about the two politicians gnawing on each other. :rolleyes:

Kind of reminds you of two Hyenas fighting over a bone!

I'm not sure many people here know a "tinker's damn" (and that's alright for me to say, I'm a tinker) about McCain other than he's old and a former POW. We simply assume his stance on firearms has got to be better than Hillbama's.

No we aren't assuming anything. Either you have been living under a rock or haven't been paying attention. The only two things anti-gun that McCain has ever supported were mandatory locks and background checks at gun shows. He actually voted against an attempt to renew the AWB.

Obama on the other hand is extremely anti gun:

"I am not in favor of concealed weapons," Obama said. "I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations."

"While a complete ban on handguns is not politically practicable, I believe reasonable restrictions on the sale and possession of handguns are necessary to protect the public safety."

"I believe we need to renew--not roll back--this common sense gun law," Obama said. - In reference to the 1994 AWB.

"I would support banning the sale of ammunition for assault weapons and limiting the sale of ammunition for handguns."

So does this take care of any further discussion on Barack Obamas ideas about guns?

My final thought (at least for the next 10 min.) is that there are a lot of reasons for members to participate or not in threads. But except for Mods, I think just to participate to tell other members they should not have started that thread is not helpful to anyone.

+1, madmag.

And as Unregistered's post above demonstrates, the collateral info that often comes out - in this case, the statement regarding McCain - provides real value.

I remember reading a newspaper article about DC v. Heller. I recall distinctly Obama being quoted as claiming to "support" the individual rights interpretation, but HE SUPPORTED DC'S LAW. Which includes a complete ban on handgun purchase, and makes it illegal to keep a gun ready in your house for self defense.

He is extremely anti-gun... I am not suprised he is lying about it now that it could hurt him.:mad:

But except for Mods, I think just to participate to tell other members they should not have started that thread is not helpful to anyone.

Huh?...I started this thread and suggested that we just dont satrt anymore...your the one arguing and keeping it opne ;)

I have no power, and I dont even listen to me....like I said, I'm sick of the Barack threads and I started one meslef!

And as Unregistered's post above demonstrates, the collateral info that often comes out - in this case, the statement regarding McCain - provides real value.

As if he hasn't said it before:rolleyes::D

Is Baracks nickname really "Barry"?...did you know that in the obscure Hututopo dialect of Barack's Daddy's home country, the word Bareee means "He Who Shall Rule You in the Name of Allah"....

Wanna bet you see that in an email?:)

Wildseewearelearninghappy420Alaska TM

I recall distinctly Obama being quoted as claiming to "support" the individual rights interpretation,

Yes, one of his careful disclaimers is that commons sense should apply to gun laws. I think that is a key statement that leaves open a large area for interpretation. In Obama's case, common sense just means ban guns, or least CCW.

I wonder how something like this will effect things.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080420/ap_on_re_us/shooting_spree
Johnson was initially was arrested on drug possession charges but later charged with aggravated assault on a police officer, two weapons offenses and possession of hollow point bullets.

Drug dealer, long rap sheet I am sure, shoots police officer, and in possession of hollow point bullets....wow. What can I say. Now if he had just used 230g FMJ .45ACP, everything would have been OK.

One of my Sons lives in NJ. Now one of the top states for strict gun control. Yet the statics keep showing that they are only controlling the law abiding citizens. This guy (above) did not care about CCW laws.

Childish.

I see the concept of irony is beyond you...any report about South Carolina for us?

Now that's mixin' it, Wild...--what is Barack's position on gay cats?

Progressive I'm sure. :)

Why is the most progressive social views are found in conjunction with the least progressive gun views (most of the time)..

WildgraycatsthecatsaregrayAlaska TM

Personally, it's the insane protectionist populist economic ideas in Barack's head that does it for me. During these times of alledged economic doom and gloom, a president has a high probability of passing such "quick fixes" on the economy, as most Americans are generally stupid when it comes to issues not immediately related to their daily and petty routines.

A study was done where only 1 in 1,000 American survey interviewees could name all 5 rights protected by the 1st amendment. (Can you? No google, no wikipedia, no cheating.) So when I say stupid, I mean it.

If Barack were to become President, imagine...
  • Raise tariffs! - (blue collars would swoon at the thought)
  • Double the capital gains tax! - (don't let the fat cats get richer)
  • Stop the oil companies! - (even though a large chunk of your 401k is invested in there somewhere)
  • Stop Outsourcing! - (let's pretend offshoring won't happen as a result)
  • Tax redistribution! - (well it sounds kinda Robin-Hood-ish)
And so on.

I visit TFL to get a lot of information that turns out to be choir preaching. It's still very useful When someone I know says something like, "I don't think the founders intended for Americans to own Nukes and grenades when they wrote the 2nd Amendment," all I have to do is check some member's signature - so many of them quote the founders.

There's a lot more to Obama than his anti-gun policies, his loony pastor, his not wearing a flag pin on his lapel, and his... ahem, Muslim-sounding name. TFL is a good resource.

But I have a feeling that dissuading an Obama follower/worshipee/groupie from voting for Obama is like explaining to a Paulite that the Texas Congressman can't cut it.

Unregistered said:
No we aren't assuming anything. Either you have been living under a rock or haven't been paying attention. The only two things anti-gun that McCain has ever supported were mandatory locks and background checks at gun shows. He actually voted against an attempt to renew the AWB.

For the most part, I am not referring to the forum members who diligently research candidates. I'm speaking of the populace in general.

Do you ever watch the segment called "Jaywalking" on the Tonight Show?

And truth be told, to most Americans, McCain is the old guy from the right side of the aisle. I don't believe that one person in one hundred checks voting records against rhetoric. Here in Wisconsin we have a very strict "Open Meetings" law. In fact, you can't even fix a public sewer pipe without having some reporter complain he wasn't allowed to attend the meeting.

Don't laugh, things like that actually happen here.

In fact, I'm not sure I know everything about McCain on enumerated rights. I do know that important topics will become threads both here and at THR.

Like it or not, I'll bet fifty percent of American age voters won't even recognize McCain's picture. I believe that most of them will think "The Hanoi Hilton" belongs to Paris' father.

Hey just remember that according to Obama we are angry and bitter little people who are frustrated and only have our guns and God to hold onto....

gonna save that anger till Nov......:D

All I needed to know.

Back