Ok, If not Ron paul than who do you support ?

If the primary were held today, Who would be your guy

• Ron Paul

Votes: 37 48.7%
  • Mitt Romney

Votes: 4 5.3%
  • Rudy Giuliani

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tom Tancredo

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Fred Thompson

Votes: 13 17.1%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 16 21.1%
  • John McCain

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Duncan Hunter

Votes: 5 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vito (and some others) keep saying that Ron Paul is unelectable for any of a variety of reasons usually attributable to his sanity but since I never see any titles of psycological degrees after their screen names I don't put much stock in their opinions.

Early on in the campaign all Dr. Paul had going for him was his message. No one had any confidence he could get anywhere with his reedy voice and wimpy appearance. Yet here he is leading our little poll and many just like it on dozens of other sites. He's raising a bunch of money, running full-page ads in national newspapers, radio and (limited) tv spots and generally hanging in there where we all thought he'd already be a dim memory.

Y'know, he just might make it!

He's got my support.

He's not just a non-interventionist, he's someone who does not understand the concept of asymmetrical warfare, and that is a huge, dangerous, difference.

I like Hunter, but I don't think he has a snowball's chance in... That being said I will probly go with Huckabee. I don't like his past imigration stances, but I think that after the amnesty thing blew up in the beltway crowds face he will have to take a harder line.

I just don't like Paul. My biggest concern is that he will lose the primary(not terribly upsetting to me) and run independant. We have already gotten one Klinton due to a guy with R.P. on his luggage and a mess of overzelous staffers telling him to run; I don't want a second.

Hmmm, 5800 some active TFL members and 58 votes. .9 percent can move their mouse. Wonder what percentage can move their arse to a primary. What happens when you have 100 Rudy supporters and 10 Paul supporters?

None of the above was not an option.

I am not voting any more. It is a waste of time. The politicians don't give a rat's ass what we, the people want. All they need us for is to get into power. that goes for the Republicans as well as Democrats. I am so bitter that I would say Ron Paul would turn on gunowners once he got into office. I don't trust any politician. Look at the bozo I voted for twice...serious about immigration my ass!

And for those of you who keep insisting on saying that if Ron Paul does not get the nomination you will not vote at all, whether you believe it or not you are actually supporting Hilary. I'd say that you will get the President you deserve and laugh at the absurdity of your position, but unfortunately I will be stuck with the President that you deserve as well.

nice try

got principle?

I do, so dont blame me for not voting for the latest RINO
Maybe its the party's problem and not mine. I didnt run away from my principles, the current GOP did.

Start looking in the mirror

If I vote for Ron........I actually......vote for Ron.....weird but true

RINO's and the lesser of two evils crap has done more damage to this party than the informed principled voter will ever do.
(hint hint the informed principled voters are for the most part are the real conservative that still believe in limited Govt)

so back off and start looking at the absurdity of your position.

we all have the right to vote or not but if your man or woman isn't chosen and you don't vote can we expect no input from you for the next four years after all you chose not to be part of the process so you should live with your lack of interest and give those of us that vote a break from your b###hing & whining

Trust me when I say this,
IF Ron doesn't win, "the Ron Paul Revolution" will not go away.
Why?? Here are a few reasons:
People want the tax structure fixed......(see AMT as one very small example)
People want INDIVIDUAL Liberty.
People like the Bill of Rights
People want LIMITED Govt
People want More of their money back
People want the weaning off the Federal dole to be taken seriously (see Social Security reform) get me off the titanic.
People want National Soveriegnty
People want Real Borders
People are tired of the endless entangling military interventions (ie "world cop") Lets get back to Armed to the teeth Nuetrality
(Germany and Japan are rich nations.....why the hell are we subsidizing a military for them....they can pay for their own)
People LIKE the Constitution...so follow it.
People want the Govt's budget to follow some basic sound money principles.
People are tired of the endless limits placed on them by WashingtonDC when it should be the other way around......endless limits should be placed on Govt.

So if the GOP keeps serving the current dish of cold crap, I will not take it.......(a no vote is a vote of no confidence)
But don't for a second think I will not be involved.
The Ron Paul Revolution has just begun.....:cool:

(this last statement may rub people the wrong way....but as a conservative, I'm tired voting for Moderates and RINO's that show a endless track record of "common sense compromise" and then wondering If I will see change before I die....in the end....he is just one man...and he is just a start)

Good Luck

1. I agree with a lot of what Ron Paul says but I don't think he has any chance of winning the Republican nomination or Beating Hillary or whoever .
2. It seems like Fred Thompsan isn't really trying that hard to win . Don't think he could beat Hillary either.
3. Don't like Macain at all
4. Rudy G. would be as bad or worse than Hillary
5. Mitt is a phony and a jackass
6. Tancredo has no chance
I voted for Huckaby . He seems like the most honest of the bunch and I think he could beat Hillary.

Back