Ohio TFL gathering

falconer

Is anyone interested in having an Ohio TFL shoot? I was thinking sometime in late March, anywhere from the 16th to 25th really (spring break).

Actually, there's quite a few of us here from Ohio. Depending on my work schedule, I may be open for it.

A couple of the guys I shoot with said they would be interested in going. One might bring his class 3 toys depending on where we go

AK2KX, I'm not sure where. I supposed thats up to whoever wants to go. I'm in NE Ohio near Akron (actually I'm in columbus, but I'll be home in march for spring break), so is thebluesman(if he decides to come) and I think RAE is too.

Link to public access (ODNR) ranges.

http://www.dnr.state.oh.us/odnr/wildlife/hunting/specials/granges.html

Most of the public State run ranges are in the Southern Ohio area. The bulk of us here at TFL are in Northern Ohio, (Yes, I'm in Akron). The closest ODNR range to the Cleveland/Akron area is Grand River, up by Mentor Headlands. There's a number of private indoor ranges, On Taget in Lorain comes to mind, that are an hour to 1 1/2 hour drive from Akron, Toledo, Mansfield area. The problem with indoors is handgun only and limited range. That doesn't particularly bother me, but I know lots of you folks want to shoot long arms, which is also fine by me.

Sorry I hadn't posted earlier. Don't normally look into Lock and Load. Maybe a head-up about this thread in the General forum will draw in more Ohioans/Pennsylvanians/New Yorkers.

I pretty sure I'll be up for it.

hey guys,

Found my way over from the general forum ... anyway, I'm up here in Cleveland, but if people are interested in getting together for a shoot somwhere, count me in!

RAE - the only indoor place that I know of up here in the NE Ohio area that lets somebody shoot rifles is at Stonewall (only on specific days though)

Ed

Medina show

falconer,

Missed your post up there. I'll most likely be heading to the Medina show this weekend. I'll probably be there when it opens up on Saturday as I feel the calling for another Makarov. Hopefully Frank and Karen will have some with them.

how'd I miss this thread before?

I love the idea of an OH TFL shoot. That week of March is also my Spring Break, although I'll be using part of it to search for housing out of state (new job upon May graduation). So either of those weekends would probably work. I could probably swing either central or NE OH.

falconer, engineer,
I'll most likely be attending the show on Sat. I've never attended a gun show before, so I'm looking forward to it. I'm thinking of leaving the checkbook, plastic, and green at home to prevent those impulse buys!

I plan to be there earlier... like 10ish.

stay safe, and keep us posted on the OH TFL shoot! :)

rvb

If you guys see a 19 year old guy wearing a black jacket with the words Ho Chun and a dragon embroidered on it; smack me upside the head and say hello. I might get there earlier if I leave class a little early.

Medina show

rvb,

Medina is a nice show - at least you don't have to pay for parking like some of the others (and I almost got boxed in at the last Summit show). You might as well bring some cash because there will most likely be something that will catch your eye and hey, you've already paid your five bucks, you might as well get something and not go home empty handed. If I remember, the last show I was contemplating finally getting setup to reload .223 and came home with a Makarov and ammo. My plan this time is to leave with just a Lee auto-disk powder measure but who knows what's gonna happen.

falconer,

geez man, how do you already know what you are going to wear? I think I'm going to roll out of bed and put on whatever stinks the least... :)

I'll probably get there around 9:00 - I think Plateshooter got me into the habit of getting there at opening, lest I miss that one great bargain (which I still have yet to find)

I'll be at the Medina show Saturday morning as well.
I'm also from NE OHIO and would be interested in a
get together shoot if I can get there.

Engineer,

Thats the only jacket I've been wearing lately :-p I too go for the "what stinks least" method of dressing, that or the "whatever hits my hand first when I stick it in the closet" approach.

3Gun sent me some info on a possible location, I'll post it later after I get back from class.

Back