Ohaus 10-10

Be careful, the little grains, tenth is just glued on, mine fell off with age. Clean air will eventually get rid of the smell.

Be careful, the little grains, tenth is just glued on, mine fell off with age. Clean air will eventually get rid of the smell.
I bought an used rcbs beam balance, and it has this problem. I had to make one with masking tape and did calibration myself.

Airing it out will probably suffice to rid the smell.

-TL

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Just an update. Soaked it in a bath of warm water and Dawn. The amount of brown sludge that came off was crazy. Rinsed and soaked it again. Rinsed and then soaked in white vinegar overnight. Looks and smells much better now. Heck, looks like new! Thanks again for the suggestions.

attachment.php

Attachments

• scale.jpg
    scale.jpg
    228 KB · Views: 43
Good photo. However, it goes way off the page for most viewers. We recommend shrinking images to not over 1024 pixels wide for general posting so folks don't have to use "Ctrl" + "-" to back out to see it. 1024 still keeps it clear. You just save a copy of your original with a new name and shrink the copy for posting. I have done that for you in this instance.

If you are unfamiliar with the process of reducing pixel count, you can do it by drag-and-drop of your photo copy here.

Back