Oh look, Kofi Annan is still at his anti-gun thing...

Manedwolf

UN-sponsored project to "make guns into guitars" in Colombia. Picture from Sept 11th.

Anything that destroys guns, he's for!

03_1.jpg

12_1.jpg

Former United Nations Secretary General Kofi Annan displays a AK47 gun transformed to a guitar at Vienna's U.N. headquarters September 11, 2007.

Symbolic date not unnoticed, Kofi. Still disarming populations and allowing quick, neat genocides anywhere he goes!

dude, that's actually pretty cool :p I don't agree with his ideas on guns but there are enough AKs in the world that turning one into a guitar doesn't perturb me one bit. in fact I'd like to play that!

Guns are nice but music is too. :cool:

Thats a neat idea and all, but I dont see a pickup on that guitar, and its not going to have any acoustic properties. The only thing that jack could go to is a pickup built into the bridge, and those usually dont sound very good.

What a waste of an AK. :(

But they were made from AKs "confiscated" from the people in Columbia. Ten to one that means from individuals...they can't touch the cartels, who have entire armories.

No matter how much of a guitar god you are, that won't save you when a warlord or drug cartel's death squad comes. A functioning AK will.

But they were made from AKs "confiscated" from the people in Columbia. Ten to one that means from individuals...they can't touch the cartels, who have entire armories.

Post something when you have facts to back up the rhetoric.

Cool idea, cool guitar.

WilditsjustapieceofmetalnotlifeAlaska TM

No matter how much of a guitar god you are, that won't save you when a warlord or drug cartel's death squad comes. A functioning AK will.
Yes but if life is nothing but sitting one's porch and waiting to pop thugs with AKs then life is simply not worth living. Without music, what's the point? :cool:

Post something when you have facts to back up the rhetoric.

Funny, I don't recall you being named a moderator. You try to give orders, I'll tell you where you can put them.

Why don't YOU post something other than walking in to p_ss on other people's threads?

Or is that all you're here for? That's all you ever do.

Why don't YOU post something other than walking in to p_ss on other people's threads?

Or is that all you're here for? That's all you ever do.

Only on the ones deserving of it :)

Yes but if life is nothing but sitting one's porch and waiting to pop thugs with AKs then life is simply not worth living. Without music, what's the point?

Can ya see an entire country throwing down their AKs and starting to booogie as Alvin Lee starts rolling "Im Going Home" with an AK Gattar....

O wait most of you are too young to remember Alvin Lee :(

The Nuge then :)

WildheywhatdoyouknowswordsintoplowsharesAlaska TM

I dont know Wild most of the time I like your little comments and levity, but Mandewolf was not stating facts, he was making a bet, betting that the AK was not from a drug dealers stash.

We need both music and weapons. Personally I think that both guitars and guns make a there own music.

Post something when you have facts to back up the rhetoric

You are implicitly (by that statement) alleging the contrary to what MW wrote. So why don't YOU post some facts to back up your implicit assertion?

So why don't YOU post some facts to back up your implicit assertion?

Why bother....I'm still gonna be one of "those" traitourous folks to you:D

I'm all excited about playing air AK instead of air guitar btw

WildvershtetbubbalehAlaska TM

Then why should MW bother either? He's just a unwashed hick who you won't listen to anyway, right? Don't change the subject to guitars - the subject is why should he post facts to back up his assertions, but not you?

Sometimes WA channels Samuel Colt's personal press secretary too.

No dude..it's Samuel Colt himself. Remember that.

I've tried to do Gaston Glock but all that happens is I start rubbing plastic against myself and screeching at the sight of carefully machined steel.

WildcallmeshirleyAlaska TM

WildheywhatdoyouknowswordsintoplowsharesAlaska
Exactly. And that's precisely why you should be against it by that very quote: "Those who beat their guns into plows will plow the fields for those who don't." Disarmament = enslavement. You like that?

Pretty much Annan states bold faced here that he's all for individuals being enslaved by whoever is in power over them. Why? Because those guys LOVE him and usually give him money. Can it get anymore clear cut than this?

Back