Obrez pistol and paperwork.

Not going to happen any time soon. If one were to put a thumb behind the cocking knob (required to hold it single-handed), recoil would drive said knob deep into the web of flesh between the thumb and forefinger.

Now, if I can convince someone else to do it with gloves on, I'll videotape it. :D

1. The rule on using a receiver to build either a rifle or a pistol appllies only to new receivers from the factory that have NEVER had a barrel or stock installed. No one is going to buy the idea that a M-N receiver is newly made and was never a rifle.

2. Cutting up a rifle receiver into several pieces, just so it can be "remade" into a pistol might (or might not) be legal, but to me it sounds like trouble looking for a place to happen when the gun (whatever it is) is fired.

3. PTK, I assume that pistol is registered as an SBR. If not, ????

Jim

There is a whole "club" of people over on Calguns who have done exactly this. They have cut, then re-welded the receivers to make an Obrez, they have shot them, had a lot of fun with them and if this flies in anti-gun California, I think that legally it will fly anywhere as a regular Title I firearm.

As long as you had proof that this is what you did, wouldn't it be the same as buying a cut receiver Bren and reassembling into a semi-auto Title I firearm? There are several companies that do this.

Back