OBAMA wants Concealed Weapons Banned

Obama wants all weapons banned. The sooner we show the country that he differs only from other far left politicians in appearance only the better off we will be.

This may be a case where the public has to drink from the poisoned well before they believe it, but let's not give up just yet.

I have nothing against the man, but nobody of any race gets a pass from me just because they are different. My take is that the public has such high hopes for him because he does not look like any previous president.

Well that don't mean sh*t, all that means is that all these law abiding citizens
that are now carrying legally will be carrying illegaly if that ludicrous law is ever passed.

A majority Democratic House and Senate will pass whatever the President seeks. I'm not saying Obama will pull it off- just that what he wants.

After all, CCW is banned in Illinois, it must be right.

The Montana position on Heller vs D.C. highlights one problem with Obama's wet dream. Many of the States became such under contracts that recognized an individual right to keep and bear arms.

If all 20.000 gun laws were invalid overnight, that would not create a constitutional crisis. It would just mean that we would have to punish criminals for crimes, not possessing objects.

If a whole bunch of states suddenly had invalid contracts with the Feds, that would be a crisis. I am sure that SCOTUS understands this, am also equally sure that they are working night and day to find a way to weasel around it.

Obama also thinks he can negotiate with that nut from Iran. Three years ago, he was a nobody state senator from IL. If Sen. Ryan hadn't gotten involved in a scandal, Obama would still be a nobody state senator from IL. He's naive and dangerous.

Whoever McCain picks as VP better be on his/her toes. Melanoma has a way of coming back with a vengeance.

And we're surprised?

I personally think Hillary is less dangerous to 2A than the junior senator from Illinois. All one has to do is look at his home state to see what he'd like for the whole country...

Interestingly enough Hitlary was from the same place, we just forget that somehow. I don't think that he could succeed in outrightly banning CCW right away, but I would bet he'd try to impose federal regulations that'd drastically tighten it down and clutter it so much that vastly fewer people would bother with it. Regulation can be just as much a ban, and courts these days don't seem to go to much of any lengths to defend our rights against such encroachment.

The government does lots of things that are unconstitutional.

If this law ever comes to pass, I for one will be ignoring it.

Same for our paid servants, the Secret Service???? Let the Hilbillary or the Obama disarm them if they are elected. This country is about the citizens and not about the power of the elected civil servants. "You first" is what I say!

Go to Obama"s website. Under the "Additional Issues" topic of Sportsmen, it mentions supporting the Second Amendment and then talks all about hunting and fishing. I guess the Second Amendment has something to do with the right to fish. He should know, being educated in Constitutional law and all. :rolleyes:

Yup---I agree that if he got something like through it would just mean all us law abiding guys would then become non-law-abiding guys. Unless you live in Kentucky. If you live in Kentucky you can carry in the open without a license. Of course, now that we have a really good carry law they encourage us to conceal our sidearm---that’s so we don’t’ panick the natives. You’d just see a huge bunch of us hillbillys running around like John Wayne. Hey that might not be bad---I could go back to carrying my big Red Hawk!

What would Marx do (WWMD)? I doubt that a Marxist is too concerned about constituionality. Once they have total power they will do what they want to do. It will benefit them at your expense. What would Mao do (WWMD) just look to the twin link.

And the constitutionality?

Is that like the constitutionality of banning firearms in Chicago ?

Or the constitutionality of saying a plant that is grown,harvested,sold and consumed in Cali affects interstate commerce?

Just confused and curious.

NukemJim

Back