NY Handgun Permit

NYC is solid leftist/Communist type AKA: Bloomberg

NYC residents vote in these anti gun, anti freedom Communist types, which is why it is such a sesspool. NYC leaders are just a reflection of the residents which live in this great sesspool.

Jk, Bloomberg is the exact opposite of a communist. The man is a capitalist to the highest degree. He built his media business from the ground up and made billions of dollars in the process.

Is he a true blue NYC liberal? Abso-freakin-lutly, 100%.

Is he a 'communist'? No, hes just one of the more outspoken ego's of the american left.

The term communist gets thrown around too much by neo-con's on internet forums... ignorance is bliss, I guess. Before using that term, one should know how to use it correctly.

I am NOT defending the man at all. He is a POS as far as I am concerned.

As far as I know, the only 'authorized' shooting ranged by NYPD are in NYC. The only time you may take the gun outside of the city is if you get a hunting approval from the NYPD during hunting season.

by "authorized," I think they mean any De-facto shooting range. You know, with the range officers, ventilation systems, target holders, NRA affiliated, and yada yada... Not the back yard hay bail "shooting range" at bubba's house.

I was at 1 Police Plaza having a gun inspected a few weeks ago, and asked for a list of shooting ranges, they said they dont have a list.....

but if you think about it , NYPD dont have jurisdiciton outside NYC, therefore their authorization must be in NYC alone, but there are ranges outside NYC I know of to advertise "NYC Approved" such as http://www.lisc.net/p332.htm at long island or this one at yonkers NY which says :

(1) If you hold a "target" pistol license issued by the NY City Police Department (NYPD), membership at the Coyne Park Range will satisfy NYPD's requirement that you be a member of a NYPD approved range.

http://www.coyneparkrange.net/general.php

ShootemDown, thanks for the info. So, it looks you can take the gun out of the city when traveling to those ranges or going hunting.

The laws in NYC are so convoluted with BS.

This all started back in 1911 with the Sullivan Act. It was the Tammany Hall, Boss Tweed crowd. They didn't want the immigrants that they were shaking down to be able to defend themselves.

Link to a good overview of it: http://www.gunlawnews.org/sullivan.html

Quote from above

January 27, 1905 New York Times Editorial -

[The proposed gun control] measure would prove corrective and salutary in a city filled with immigrants and evil communications, floating from the shores of Italy and Austria-Hungary. New York police reports frequently testify to the fact that the Italian and other south Continental gentry here are acquainted with the pocket pistol, and while drunk or merrymaking will use it quite as handily as the stiletto, and with more deadly effect. It is hoped that this treacherous and distinctly outlandish mode of settling disputes may not spread to corrupt the native good manners of the community.

For more information on the racist origins of gun control in general, check out "NEVER INTENDED TO BE APPLIED TO THE WHITE POPULATION": FIREARMS REGULATION AND RACIAL DISPARITY--THE REDEEMED SOUTH'S LEGACY TO A NATIONAL JURISPRUDENCE?

I dont think NYC law will be changed anytime soon. not in my lifetime...

I better get hopping and work harder so I can a part of their "elite group" of people allowed to CCW...

Being a celebrity sounds nice :D

If you want to carry in NYC, just take one of the Police tests. NYC has lots of LE Depts.. I start working for one in a few weeks (hopefully).

The laws in NYC will never change... it is what it is. Hell will freeze over before CCW's are issued on a 'shall issue' basis in NYC...

Back