• Yes

Votes: 75 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 15.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a day job. I can't spend as much time as they can lobbing for my rights. It's only $35.00 a year and I get a cool magazine too! They do things that I really don't like but the over all is a Positive!:rolleyes:

I smell Mole! Yea real Strong! A sharp stick usually can fix them! They usually hid about 10" from the entrance.

Yep. They are not perfect and I disagree with them sometimes, but they are the 800lb gorilla of the political world. Nobody else can lean on politicians like the NRA, and that's really all that matters.

If you want an organization with no political power and a lot of hysterical jabbering, conspiracy theories, and large amounts of self-righteous, poorly-written junk-mail sent out in your name, join the GOA or the JPFO.

I'd be surprised if 2 out of 3 are active members.

Everyone should join and there are many great reasons why.

Let me share one that may not be that obvious, among all of the other good reasons.

The NRA does more to train people in gun safety and proper gun usage than all other groups or law enforcement agencies...combined.

Eddie the Eagle is a great example of how the NRA serves children and families.

Helping people who are not gun enthusiasts understand that the NRA is about gun safety and protecting all of our constitutional rights are two good ways we can get moderate thinkers to embrace our cause.

Besides all the good stuff individuals have said, and are gonna say, he's my 2 cents.

Our club is affiliated with the NRA, it gives us access to lots of programs. We have 2 sanctioned High Power Rifle matches a month, year round, and some folks go the the National Championships at Camp Perry every year, we've had folks come from HQ to speak at a fund raising dinner, but the critical benefit is the NRA Endorsed Insurance Program that essentially pools all the clubs buying power to get excellent range insurance at an affordable price.

If the NRA had 80 million members rather than 4 million, the gun control debate would be whether M4s are controllable on full auto.

Count me in. As stated earlier, they're not perfect, but I can't call my chump-congressman every day, and he doesn't respond to my e-mails, so I'm glad I can go to work and know someone is watching him.
Taking an NRA instructor's course in February and I'm looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, almost forgot. Got the paperwork in just before the deadline for a grant for our club's junior rifle league. We require NRA membership. Looking forward to (and crossing fingers for) some new equipment - like a lefty Anshutz. The regional guy was more than helpful, and expressed an interest in coming to the league's next banquet. That'd be a five hour drive for him. Whether they do everyting right or not, they're out there promoting and supporting.

Life member since...damn I'm getting old...the late 70's. I joined when you could pay $25 every quarter for three years! I do still send in a generous contribution every year because there is nobody working harder for my gun rights. I agree that they are not perfect, but neither am I.

See signature line for answer.

Also fyi, if you like to complain about not joining the NRA because of all of the solicitations,
simply call customer service and ask them to stop all communications with you via mail or otherwise. The only thing you will get from there on out should be renewal notices. I did this 10 years ago and haven't been bothered yet.

I spent $10 dollers for my registration. I figgure with the inpenting doom of the clintons getting back in office I should do what I while I can. Im a middle class workin man myself. (and I got a free hat )

nra is the largest gun control group in the nation.

They supported:

1934 ban (publicly known fact) http://www.keepandbeararms.com/information/XcIBViewItem.asp?ID=3247
1968 ban (didn't give daddy bush an anti gun rating when he voted for it)
1986 ban (nra didn't kill the bill because they don't object to full auto bans)
Lautenberg ban (this was under a republican congress and nra didn't even oppose this far reaching ban)

and nra doesn't support "Vermont/Alaska" carry. It would pass in half a dozen states if they only tried, but nra doesn't WANT to. nra wants you registered.

Past nra presidents openly supported all sorts of bans. Current nra board members such as Joiquin Jackson support magazine bans, "assault weapon" bans, and full auto bans.

Nra tried to kill the parker case and they have never wanted a supreme court ruling because if gun control went away, then nra wouldn't be able to spend 90+ cents for every dollar they raise by sending you tons of mail.

Other than all this, I'd say that nra is a GREAT organization to belong to :rolleyes:

Yes, and it is worth it.

@tooltimey - The NRA is what the membership makes of it. We need you to join to help us make it what it could be.

The NRA is what the membership makes of it. We need you to join to help us make it what it could be.
That sounds nice but it just isn't entirely true. Thanks for the invite but the membership has next to no power. If you guys can vote out Joaquin Jackson and every other ban supporting board member, then I'll start thinking the "nra is what the membership makes of it." The biggest problem is that most nra members are totally unaware of the items I listed in my last post. Many of the ones who ARE aware of those things either engage in denial or various rationalizations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back