Now You Can Have A Kimber K6S With A Hammer

Never been a big fan of exposed hammers in a self-defense piece. It snags and cocking a hammer for self-defense is a no-no on just so many levels. A double action action revolver should be shot double action. If you like single action, there are plenty of them to be had. Having said all that, the exposed hammer is a fun thing to have for the range or anything else one may want to do short of self-defense. And Kimber does make high quality guns.

Great news. I’m going to get the 3” DASA. Per Kimber they will be shipping in 3 to 4 weeks. I’m a S&W fan but Kimber beats Smith on this model. I’ve held a few in stores and have been highly impressed with the trigger pull and overall quality. Hope it groups well at 25 yards. I wonder what kind of load the sights are regulated for? Has anyone done load development for the 3” model? Thanks

I do not like Hammerless Guns. But I had the opportunity to try a Kimber KS6 and fell in love and of course bought one. Became my primary carry gun. The trigger is so unique that you can basically shoot it SA with no problem. I shoot it 10 times better than any DA only revolver I've ever tried. With that being said, I can't wait for the DASA to start shipping. I collect 3" K Frame Smiths and will have to have a 3" Kimber with the SA feature. I'll be most curious about the trigger. I have not seen any reviews anywhere so it may be just a crap shoot, but I can always sell it. As soon as the initial run gets out and the prices settle, I'll be a customer

I do not like Hammerless Guns. But I had the opportunity to try a Kimber KS6 and fell in love and of course bought one. Became my primary carry gun. The trigger is so unique that you can basically shoot it SA with no problem. I shoot it 10 times better than any DA only revolver I've ever tried. With that being said, I can't wait for the DASA to start shipping. I collect 3" K Frame Smiths and will have to have a 3" Kimber with the SA feature. I'll be most curious about the trigger. I have not seen any reviews anywhere so it may be just a crap shoot, but I can always sell it. As soon as the initial run gets out and the prices settle, I'll be a customer
The trigger is so "unique"? That kinda worries me. I know you are saying it in a positive way, but half the reason I want another revolver is for the feel of a revolver trigger. Could you explain how it differs from other DA revolvers?

I was pretty set on getting another SP101 but with a 3" and in 327FM. Then..... I saw this. OMG, that is one sexy gun! I had seen pictures of the concealed hammer K6 and was "meh". Thought it had a weird look, plus the bbl was a little too short. They just got me, with this one. One thing I'm curious about tho - is it just the grip stocks that are different OR is it the grip frame? Could one replace those squared off, targetty lookin grips with a round butt? Or is one model one way and the other model the other? Even if I am stuck with the grips it is shown with, I'm feelin it! 3 -4 weeks? Guess I gotta stop turning down over time :)

Back